Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone fly syncronized acrobatics in Falcon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone fly syncronized acrobatics in Falcon?

Hey, new to the game and the forum. One of the largest draws for me to this game is the realistic flight models and pretty much learning to actually fly a F-16. Probably half of my missions will be combat free, and simply be me flying through valleys and whatnot for fun. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has organized an acrobatics crew, similar to the Thunderbirds. Rolls in formation, high speed passes, things like that.

If this hasnt been set up already, would anyone be interested? I'm traveling right now, so I wont be able to play for about 3 weeks, but I'd love to get something like that going.
    Last edited by Shodansown; 08-14-2006, 04:11 AM. Reason: typos
    -=Brian=-

Re: Does anyone fly syncronized acrobatics in Falcon?

http://afthunderbirds.hopto.org:8080...rds/index.html

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
    Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

Ok we are starting a Virtual Flight Wing here the 343rd ..... We will be doing Formation Flying there ....I am the Flight Lead so PM me if you are interested and I will send you info....And Novice we will be doing more here .....

Comment

Originally posted by Shodansown View Post
        ...One of the largest draws for me to this game is the realistic flight models and pretty much learning to actually fly a F-16. Probably half of my missions will be combat free, and simply be me flying through valleys and whatnot for fun.
        I hear ya bud, always have a blast just flying around with this sim. A great way to practice formation is to fly the wingman position in the takeoff training TE while trying to hang off his wing all the way to landing... mucho challenging and FUN.

Before flying with the AF Thunderbirds the only time I followed someone thru a loop I'd usually be trying to pull lead for a gun shot.... big difference trying to actually stay off his wing in the correct position... MUCHO MUCHO FUN !!!!!!

Last edited by Novice; 08-15-2006, 02:07 PM. Reason: ...cause the edit button appears in this message... :)

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."

Comment

Wow, Novice! I was always totally blown away by 'Nam stories of the huey formations being so tight that the rotors were overlapping. I love the idea of two (or more!) pilots functioning so supremely in synch.

Is there any leeway at all for a light bump in mid air? I realize in real life the smallest rub is usually catastrophic (or at least surprisingly damaging), but how is it handled in-game?

I cant wait to get into the game. I've already had so much fun skimming the ocean at mach 3 in a SR-71 with an altitude reading of 3ft in Flight Unlimited 3, or doing under-bridge barrel rolls. I'm quite confident that once I learn the technical aspect of this game, I will be able to transfer a lot of my other-sim-skills in that way.
          -=Brian=-

Comment

In game rubs are pretty unforgiving but setting "invulnerability" on 'til you get comfortable flying that close will allow you to practice without having to restart everytime you get a little too ambitious... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Novice View Post
              In game rubs are pretty unforgiving but setting "invulnerability" on 'til you get comfortable flying that close will allow you to practice without having to restart everytime you get a little too ambitious... :)
              I was about to say that I will never play at anything less than full realism, but in this case, I think I would make an exception, simply for the reason you stated...this close, you ARE gonna crash once or thrice, so might as well save the time and trouble.
              -=Brian=-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X