Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TrackIR...for people who just dont wanna spend the cash.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR...for people who just dont wanna spend the cash.

I'm looking for a more affordable/free alternative for TrackIR 4, until I can justify and disposably afford to buy it...and I ran across this:

alphaWorks : Head-Tracking Pointer : Overview

sorry to murder the link, but the forum wont let me post links for a few more posts. add the standard www at the beginning, and remove the spaces between the dot and the com.

Anyways, it uses a webcam watching your face to manipulate the mouse cursor. Seems to me there is a plausable application here. So far the software looks...new, but free. Just thought I'd share. Let me know if any of you out there have cheap or free alternatives already set up!

Edit: if you're really interested, and dont want to go through all the registering crap, email me directly and I can just email it to you...its just barely over 1mb.
    Last edited by Apophis; 08-15-2006, 11:01 PM. Reason: Link Completed -Apo
    -=Brian=-

Re: TrackIR...for people who just dont wanna spend the cash.

Interesting, I am sure that you have played with it by now. What do you think?

I tried a similar program about a year ago and didn't like the results because my webcam had such a slow framerate. As a result I saved up and purchased a trackIR3 pro and the vector expansion... then a few weeks later trackIR4 came out (of course).

I think that trackIR is the best thing going, but that is based on my own results, I truly hope that this works for you. Please give that software a few days and review it so that everyone can get a grasp of the other options out there.

Great find, and good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kdittyr View Post
      Interesting, I am sure that you have played with it by now. What do you think?
      Actually, to be honest, I havent gotten it to work yet. It recognizes my face, but wont actually manipulate the cursor for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually just buy TrackIR...its just so detailed and precise.
      -=Brian=-

Comment

I have tried it and could not get it to work ....Tracker is the only way to go LOL ....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X