OpenFalcon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenFalcon

I'm sure most of you guys already seen it, but somehow OpenFalcon got 'leaked'.

Somehow i think they released it themselves, but call it 'leaked' for the legal stuff. Once something is posted on the net, it never dissapeares - eventhough some may not be able to find it anymore.

Re: OpenFalcon

The makers of Open Falcon did this mod just for themselves ..... I emailed them to see if it would ever be released to anyone else as Pay or Free and they said no .....It is a shame because there are alot of Advance ments I see in the Code ....

Comment

The makers of Open Falcon did this mod just for themselves
      Something doesn't get released for nothing. THeir intention was to release OF to the public but LP doesn't allow them doing it.

Don't you just hate the torrent sites?

Comment

someone sounds like they have found it (I can do nothing with it as I fly F4AF). I am not asking for it, just asking if anyone has flown OF and if so, was it as nice as we have heard it would be? I imagine this might not get answered because it is a controversial subject.

Comment

My friend told me it was awesome.

Comment

3d pit with working MFD's and all other things working, right? I truley wish I could try it out, but will not have the chance... I would love to see some screenies, but that might be a while as well.

Comment

I have played OpenFalcon, and I must say, those guys have made a lot of improvements in it. You can finish one mission in 3D pit only, since it is fully functional, clickable, all MFD works, everything, I mean everything, everything works including the canopy that closes and opens up. Sounds are amazing as well, the radar sounds are so much different than F4AF. If I was to compare it with F4AF, F4AF is like arcade with OF in terms of the eyecandy.

But I must admit, F4AF is still stable but lacks realism in terms of 3D pit and other features. OpenFalcon had bugs, including the AAMRAM not releasing when you pickle it, only the AIM-9's are okay. The Waypoint counter isn't proper as well, it goes to 99 if you keep pressing "S". Which goes to say, because OF got leaked that's why it wasn't finished, had it not been leaked, it would've been a better one. Oh well, I hope Lead Pursuit better make some improvements in Allied Force since everyone paid for a commercial release while OpenFalcon was Free but heck, they did well too bad it was leaked. That's all what I can say...

snooze

Comment

OpenFalcon by itself will not do anything... OpenFalcon is a free update for the original Falcon4 which you need to purchase.... so OpenFalcon is not free. It has many nice features that you can play with while you wait for it to CTD.... if you just add features with no regard to the consequences you end up with OpenFalcon which no company would put out and nobody would buy.... maybe another few years of strickly bug squashing might have brought it to the level of stability that we enjoy with AF today.

The developers of AF decided to make product stability their top priority and judging by the amount of newcomers to Falcon, which all the OpenFalcons, FreeFalcons and Superpacks could not bring to the sim, they bet on the right horse.
                Last edited by Novice; 12-11-2006, 01:07 PM.

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
                Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

what? OpenFalcon is not free? I thought that's why it was a Community based modding...hmmmm

I do understand LP's idea of making the Sim stable, but they did mention as well, that they'll be improving the "office" especially the 3D pit in their site. Goes to say, I hope that gets done.

Snooze

Comment

Originally posted by snooze View Post
                    what? OpenFalcon is not free? I thought that's why it was a Community based modding...hmmmm
                    Again..... OpenFalcon is a free update for the original Falcon4 which you need to purchase (if a copy can be found)... without the original Falcon4, OF will not run.

Originally posted by snooze View Post
                    I do understand LP's idea of making the Sim stable, but they did mention as well, that they'll be improving the "office" especially the 3D pit in their site. Goes to say, I hope that gets done.
                    What they say exactly is.... "Looking ahead, we’ll be investing considerable resources into fully-functional 3D pits with detail and functionality to match if not surpass the 2D pits ...."

They'll be improving the "office" in their next product release... Falcon5 or whatever they call it. They've been on many forums stating that there won't be a new 3D pit for AF.
                    Last edited by Novice; 12-22-2006, 08:38 PM.

"Any angles you give the bogey on the first pass will haunt you for the rest of the fight."
                    Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X