This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4: AF Server Status

I just read this over in the General Discussion area.

A harder decision was to cease our contract for the Falcon 4 server. As much as this game fits in with our sim crowd, it requires an entire machine to operate and hasn't been able to draw sufficient supporting memberships to remain in our lineup. I may try and re-address this server in the future and bring it back on-line, but we could no longer afford to keep it under the current circumstances.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...n-process.html

I haven't been online much recently due to school and work but I've been trying to keep up with what's going on with TG and F4: AF.

Do the admins have any information to share? It's been kinda quiet lately with no word from Jex or the IP's.
    Pavehawk
    Any Time, Any Place

Re: F4: AF Server Status

Originally posted by Pavehawk View Post
    I just read this over in the General Discussion area.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...n-process.html

I haven't been online much recently due to school and work but I've been trying to keep up with what's going on with TG and F4: AF.

Do the admins have any information to share? It's been kinda quiet lately with no word from Jex or the IP's.
    This, unfortunately, is the plan. F4:AF requires it's own server to operate. We have not been able to get more than a couple supporting members through this title and it's a rather hefty liability on the rest of the community to continue supporting. This doesn't rule out our ability to host new flight sim based servers in the future, or even for special events, but keeping a 24/7 F4:AF server is not feasable with our current SM numbers.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I'm saddened by this news, granted I never was an every night-er, but I always tried that's why I never pulled my financial support payed every month looked forward to flying with the guys when I could. This puts a new spin on things, by the way does any one have any other multiplayer sites that we fly at, anyway I will miss those few that did fly, maybe we can meet at some other sites. I will hang around for a short period to see if their is a change but good luck to all and let's see what happens.

Comment

Looks like I bought this game at completely the wrong time :( So as I asked in my last post, does TG host any other flight sims or was this it?

Comment

Gentlemen, i suggest heading over to Multivipers or the Freebirds wing.

(i fly at both)

stevie

Comment

Thank you Stevie, I hope to see you at one of the sites. Has any one had contact with Wolf?

Comment

Wolf knew this was coming ....Due to the Lack of Admins in here and the lack of help for the New members alot went else were ....I spoke to Apothis on this issue ...It is a shame that unlike the other Games in here that Falcon became lacking iin leadership ......I have been in comtact with many others and we have been flying elsewere since the issues here ....I had mentioned that to certain admins in here that I saw on TS that there serve could go and they said oh no it wont ....Gee mabey I knew something ...Some admins have been on other groups enjoying themselves while Falcon here was on its way out ....

"It's been kinda quiet lately with no word from Jex or the IP's." Check TE you will find your question answered there .......

Comment

Is this OK now??
                Last edited by Fanatik; 09-13-2006, 11:23 AM. Reason: other people telling me what I can and cannot say..

Comment

things like this should be handled in PM. I dont think he was implying anything.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Emails were sent to The Falcon admin and no replie ....I tried to keep Falcon Going and get things rolling again ,I spoke with Apothis many times and he got no replie from Jex .....I moved on ...

Comment

Enough of this bickering.

What's done is done and there's no advantage to anyone in pointing fingers. I *DID* get a reply from Jex regarding Falcon but in the end had to make the decision that was best for the community as a whole. And at this point in time, that meant shutting down Falcon 4.
                      Last edited by Apophis; 09-13-2006, 04:42 PM.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X