-=severe Error=-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -=severe Error=-

Not long ago, i bought a copy of falcon 4:allied force. I installed it, and everything went normally. I loaded up a training mission, and when i pressed 9 to see the chase view, the screen turned black, then my computer restarted. When i logged back onto windows, there was a message that said "This system has recovered from a serious error." I tried playing falcon 4 sevral more times. The same thing happens at random moments, but consistently when i try to see the chase view or i crash, etc.

Re: -=severe Error=-

My computer runs every other game i have, such as il2 sturmovik, fs2004, guild wars, etc. This problem only happens to this one game. Ive tried playing it elsewhere, and it worked fine. This is the first time ive ever encountered this error. People have told me to run the game with the computer case open, buy mobo fan coolers, etc. I really need help.

Comment

I haven't heard of anyone with this problem related to F4:AF specifically. It sounds like a possible hardware/driver conflict of some kind. If it were me I would un-install Falcon and load the most recent driver for my vid card (after uninstalling the old one). Then try loading Faclon again. I would make sure to have it patched up and running with no mods first time out to make sure it's not a version conflict or mod problem as well.

What are your system specs?
      New to TG?

Comment

I patched up direct x to direct x 9.0c. I also patched up falcon to the newest version. Specs:
        1.6gigs RAM
        Windows XP Home (Service Pack 2)

I forget the rest but ill post them later

Comment

Ok. Total Specs

Intel Pentium 4 CPU
          1.60 Ghz
          384 MB RAM
          DirectX 9.0c
          RAGE128 Pro II Video Card
          SiS 7012 Wave Sound Card

Any more info needed?
          (Oh, and i got 935MB page file size)

Comment

Oh, and no mods installed too.

Comment

Well, your video card is surely not supporting dx9. You may want to revert to an older version for compatability. Your ram is a bit low as well. 500mb of RAM is recommended as is 128mb on your video card (you've got 32?). Your sound card may not be dx compatible either :( Your processor is just above the required specs, and we know that required means barely playable.

I hate to tell you to go spend money so try the dx roll back first. If that doesn't work I would bet you've just gotten your money's worth out of your hardware and it's time to move on.
              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X