IFF in allied force (hope this question hasn't already been asked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFF in allied force (hope this question hasn't already been asked

Ok so im sure this question has been asked a million times but i couldn't find it in the forum search option anywhere so I guess i'll ask anyway, is declaring a target with AWACS and request picture the only way to specify if a target is hostile or not. I suppose there is the method of locking onto the target and waiting endlessly for the radar to tell you what the target is so you can tell wether to engage it or not but, that doesn't seem to work very well in the campaign mode. Is there any mods or open source projects that support IFF? as i have just learnt the game and am enjoying it but finding it monotonous to manually ask AWACS what the target is.

Cheers

Re: IFF in allied force (hope this question hasn't already been asked

There is no IFF in built in AF and NCTR is next to useless - you need to go STT which broadcasts you. There are two other options - Red Viper and Open Falcon which I think do. These are modded versions of the original. One you can install with the AF disc (RV I think), the other needs the original F4 disk. However, they aren't very stable and even less so in MP. If you want stability then AF is your friend. Offline flying you should check out the other two as they have improved graphics and a few more weapons, plus IFF (I think).

Even if IFF was working though, You'd still need awacs because how would you know if a friendlies IFF was damaged? One tip to finding bad guys is to turn on Night vision as the migs leave a black exhaust trail. Careful in Balkans though as Migs are allies as well as enemy.
    Jex.

Comment

Hi thanks for the quick reply how do i go to STT?

Comment

Hi I managed to find Open falcon for falcon 4 the original not allied force but im looking for either red viper or Open falcon for allied force anybody have any ideas as to where to find these. Help would be much appreciated

Comment

You can't use AF with OF. Red Viper will install over an AF installation. For OF you will need the original falcon disk, maybe try ebay.

As for STT (Single Target Track) i think, you press your radar designate button twice. Once to bug, twice to hard lock him (STT).
          Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X