Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound issues

Hello all

I'm having a problem hearing flight comms / other comms. Sometimes they work no problem. The rest of the time all I get is white noise. Bit of a downer not knowing if i'm buddy spiking or getting orders etc. What is annoying is that it's sporadic. If it was doing it all the time i'd probably guess it was a sound driver problem.

Anyways no clue here and have run out of ideas. Any help greatly appreciated as it's ruining the gaming.
    Last edited by Becker671; 06-16-2008, 05:49 PM.

Re: Sound issues

Have you tried reinstalling the game from scratch? Do you have any other applications open whilst running falcon that may be interferring?
    Jex.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jex was starting to despair. Here's what i've tried so far.

Reinstalling game
      Reinstalling windows
      Bought another copy of F4 AF

And .... problem remains.

Currently investigating a possible audio driver replacement for my system but difficult because:
      Alienware notebook
      Alienware not very good at providing updated drivers.

What drives me totally nuts is all the other sounds work perfectly. It's just the flight comms and other comms that screw up - intermittently.

As for background programs i've tried selective startup so absolute bare minimum drivers to run the game - same issue.

Gutted to be honest because i've been a fan of this game since the original Falcon 4 was out. Maybe i'm just better flying online and forgetting about missions comms altogether. Just a total downer. Will post back if I manage to solve the riddle.

Link to issue

au.youtube.com/watch?v=NSWafwXH8UA
      Last edited by Becker671; 06-30-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Update -

It seems F4AF is not the only program im getting this hissing sound. Installed Microsoft flight sim X and ATC does exactly the same thing intermittently. So maybe I do have some sort of onboard problem. Only does it when an AI 'voice' is working.

Comment

Update

Cured it although I havn't got to the bottom of it.
          Went into performance and took hardware acceleration down to basic acceleration features. 2nd notch on the slider. Ran sim and no problems whatsoever. All the comms and other sounds came through ok.
          3rd notch and the problem returned.

Comment

good stuff :)
            Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse