X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How extensive is the co-op?

Hi,

I'm looking into F4.0AF.

I'm especially interested in flying 2p co-op missions. How extensive is the game regarding that feature? Can you pretty much fly all missions co-op?

Also, can two players fly in one jet?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Llyranor; 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM.

Re: How extensive is the co-op?

Playing falcon SP or MP is no different other than the fact you have a human there with you. MP is where it's at, and you can accomadate much more than 2 players. Want to fly in a package of 16 aircraft all tasked with something different - is can be acheived in falcon.

The heart of falcon is the dynamic campaign and the reason this is still the number one combat flight sim to date. As a pilot in falcon, you are immersed into a war with you being one small part of it. Everytime you go up in the air, you don't know what's going to happen.

Unfortunately 2 people cannot occupy 1 aircraft. With a small modification to some game files, you can unlock all the other aircraft to fly though you only get an f16 pit.

You will need to forward your ports for MP.

There's so much to this sim that it would take pages to explain it. However, it is not just a jump in and kill stuff game - it is a study sim and will require hours of study and practice to become proficient. Any time you want to hook up I'll be more than help to help you out. I wonder if anyone else is interested in getting in the air...
    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
      I wonder if anyone else is interested in getting in the air...
      That would be a yes, i've spent a lot of time in the past on WW2 sims but never made the jump to jet sims.

If you're saying that this is the definitive sim when it comes to modern air combat and multiplayer then i'll be picking it up when Llyranor does.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_i_am View Post
        That would be a yes, i've spent a lot of time in the past on WW2 sims but never made the jump to jet sims.

If you're saying that this is the definitive sim when it comes to modern air combat and multiplayer then i'll be picking it up when Llyranor does.
        There is nothing that comes close to comparing falcon in terms of the campaign. This game was made 10 years ago and was rereleased 8 years later by LP. The reason it has lasted so long tells you something about this sim.

potentially you could have 32 players (maybe more) flying in one giant mission. The campaign is persistent so you can leave it today and come back tomorrow to pick up where you left off (or just leave it running and see what has happened when you get back).

Planning missions in MP takes tactics and teamwork. What will you do if you encounter SAM's, any CAP's, AAA? What direction will you attack from and what height? How will you egress the target? It is very involved and the cloest you'll get to flying a modern day jet in an all out war.
        Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X