Other planes for Falcon 4 AF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other planes for Falcon 4 AF

Hi, I have Falcon 4 Allied Force, and i happen to saw in youtube that in F4AF can actually fly f14 and f18 and even land on the aircraft carrier...
    May i know what to download to fly other planes like f14 and f18.

Re: Other planes for Falcon 4 AF

you need to go into each campaign folder and rename "validAC.bin" (I suggest OLDvalidAC.bin). I can't remember exactly where they are located but there's 6 to do (as there are 6 campaigns).

One thing to remember if flying carrier-born aircraft is you cannot take off from them. You have to wait until the flight is airborne before you click "fly".

When landing, I think you need to exit pretty quick as once down the carrier keeps moving but you don't - meaning you'll end up in the drink if you don't exit quick.
    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
      you need to go into each campaign folder and rename "validAC.bin" (I suggest OLDvalidAC.bin). I can't remember exactly where they are located but there's 6 to do (as there are 6 campaigns).

One thing to remember if flying carrier-born aircraft is you cannot take off from them. You have to wait until the flight is airborne before you click "fly".

When landing, I think you need to exit pretty quick as once down the carrier keeps moving but you don't - meaning you'll end up in the drink if you don't exit quick.
      1) So do you mean that i can fly other planes without installing other things?
      2) Can i fly them in training mode?
      3) How do i know the plane is airborne before clicking the fly?
      4) For landing, that mean once i touch down i have to end mission or else the game will hang?

Comment

1) Yes

2) No - unless you unpack the training mission and resave it which is a lot of work

3) if you let the time run, you'll see the aircraft icons moving across the map. For carrier AC, let them get a little bit away from the carrier icon before clicking fly

4) What I mean is that I think once you're down, your aircraft stays still but the carrier moves meaning that given enough time, the carrier will have moved so far that it is no longer under you. Once on the deck just be prepared to make a quick exit.

I would recommend you make a tactical engagement (TE) using the mission editor. What you need to do is (and I'm doing this from memory so may not be 100%

1) Assign a squadron to an airbase (Just to test, choose an F18 squadron - i think you may have to do an extra step to get the f15's working). The squadron icon is on the right side of the screen and the one that's a bit like a crystal ball (hovering your mouse on it will tell you what the icon is. Another option might be to just right-click on and airfield and add the quadron that way.

2) Once you have the squadron down, you need to create a flight. The icon on the right with the 2 little planes is create package I think. Right-Click (?) somewhere on the map and it should give you a screen to make a flight - you'll need to choose the squadron you added to the airfield in step 1.

3) Set the take off time 10 minutes after the world time (for want of a better word, the "world time" is up in the top right corner and should default to 9am).

4) save the mission and then fly it. You should find yourself in the pit of your chosen plane to test out. I particularly liek the AV-8B. You don't get full hover capability but it's pretty good and you get napalm which is loads of fun.
        Jex.

Comment

very nice post.

Comment

Okay I follow this and it works, but it uses the stock F-16 pit. Where could I find other pits for FAF?

Comment

Even if these posts are not very new, they may still be interesting for somebody; I have noticed that not only the cockpits, but the flight performances of the various aircrafts that are let flyable by this modification of "validAC.bin" file are the same of F-16'2 ones .
              This may imply that actually all aircrafts have got the same ceiling, speed, turning radius and so on, and consequently it may be not true to use, for example during dogfights, some assumptions taken from reality

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X