Mission Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Report

A somewhat successful first mission in the campaign. The target was Zagreb Airfield (OCA stike) which had a huge amount of enemy activity launching from it, being a frontline base. Shark flight took off around 11:15 hours, 5 minutes later we were engaging a pair of Mig-29's. We took those down and proceeded onto target.

I then start hearing calls of shark 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4 being vectored into land - what?! I don't know what happened but they'd turned back (probably dumped their munitions because of the mig engagement perhaps - i don't know). I'm all alone and dedide to proceed onto target. I dispatch another couple of Mig-29's along the way and then made my attack run.

Zagreb has two runways and I had 12 BLU-107's. I put 6 on the first runway, and as I was by myself, had to turn back to make another pass (not a good thing to do but the airfield had to be taken out). I came in and dropped all 6 on the other runway but my last pair didn't detonate as I was too low. I then pulled up and sometime after that something shot a missile at me and I was shot down. I ejected and am currently MIA.

The runway is down at present and should help you guys out with your sorties later on tonight. Oh and if you see me making my way back to base, send me a chopper?
    Jex.

Re: Mission Report

Nice! You gotta start dodging those missiles Jex!

Comment

Nice Jex. Will you have to create another pilot since this one is MIA? Is there a chance your pilot will make it back to base on his own?

Are you going up again today? I'm itching to give the campaign a try but, I am not sure I want to go up alone just yet.

-Aces&Eights

Comment

No - MIA pilots are not considered missing by the game and not put on your record. Just assume that their E&E training was top notch - play the scenario out in BF2 - you must get from one end of the map to the other, on foot, without getting shot. If you die destroy your PC ;)
        Jex.

Comment

Whoa! Hang on, are you saying that there is a server with a persistant campaign unfolding that I could go into and take up an AI flight and contribute (or not!) to the overall outcome?

If so where can I find the IP address? I had thought it was just for flying with human players of which I cannot fly with as I do not have a mic.

So can I do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mace_UK
            Whoa! Hang on, are you saying that there is a server with a persistant campaign unfolding that I could go into and take up an AI flight and contribute (or not!) to the overall outcome?

If so where can I find the IP address? I had thought it was just for flying with human players of which I cannot fly with as I do not have a mic.

So can I do this?
            Yup - on the TG server, you can do exactly that.

At this time, only supporting members have access to the TG F4AF server. There are quite a few of us now who play there regularly and we seem to be getting more every day. If it sounds like something you'd enjoy, we'd be happy to have you, I'm sure. :row__572:
            [volun]

Comment

Hey another UK guy!

You can pick up a mic and headset for 4.99 these days but as polish said, only supporting members can play on the TG server. That said, campaign games can be easily ran by individuals and all it takes is too put up a post so you can all meet. :)

Welcome to TG
              Jex.

Comment

Thanks guys! I can get hold of a mic Jez but the PC is in the bedroom and my wife would not be very happy about me yelling stuff out!! She also thinks I spend too much money on the games themselves so I cannot see her paying out to play them as well! Ah well, my hopes were raised and dashed on the rocks of excitement.....

Comment

Time to move the computer out of the bedroom!

- -

Comment

Who's Jez?

;)
                    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      Time to move the computer out of the bedroom!

Or the wife!

And sorry JEX for typing JEZ!

Comment

Originally posted by Mace_UK
                        Ah well, my hopes were raised and dashed on the rocks of excitement.....
                        Of course we'd rather have you be a supporting member at TG and fly with us, but the dynamic campaign also works in single player, FYI.
                        New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X