How do you kill MiG 29's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you kill MiG 29's?

I usually try to kill all of them at long distance whenever is possible. When not, I call in support of some kind. If the MiG gets behind me, I'm most likely dead.

How do you deal with them?

Re: How do you kill MiG 29's?

Yup, that's pretty much the consensus. Either that or throw a case of cheap soju out the canopy and hope you can distract them for a 9x shot!
    New to TG?

Comment

I usualy kill them with missles. Sometimes guns.

Comment

Outnumbering them 10-1 I think might just do it.

Those guys are hellish - long range is definitely the way to go i think.

Comment

When you're behind him don't let him know, turn on you bombing sites and when you have a clear shot or he drops his flares, pound him...

When he's behind you, just act like a crazy man and lure him back to your UCP, hopefully there is a manned anti-air, if not..... just turn, turn, loopings, turn, barrel roll and boost, after you've done that, stay low to the ground.

My experience doesn't vary much from yours, when he's good and behind you, instant death....

Comment

AIM-9's up the rear usually, and you have only so many chaffs :(

- -

Comment

Crank up the afterburner and keep it going until you have no fuel left - that way you're much lighter!

Seriously keep your speed up, between 400-500 knots. Also press CTRL-J to jettison all those stores and make sure you go Cat 1. If you had no external stores, just AA missiles, you'll already be in cat 1.
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Douwe21
                When you're behind him don't let him know, turn on you bombing sites and when you have a clear shot or he drops his flares, pound him...

When he's behind you, just act like a crazy man and lure him back to your UCP, hopefully there is a manned anti-air, if not..... just turn, turn, loopings, turn, barrel roll and boost, after you've done that, stay low to the ground.

My experience doesn't vary much from yours, when he's good and behind you, instant death....
                Hey Douwe this is falcon, not BF2 lol ;)
                Jex.

Comment

Oh and don't forget your wingman! They are vital to saving your ass. If you're the wingy, direct your partner to fly a course that brings the bandit into your sites
                  Jex.

Comment

You should always get under 6 angels, the F-16 is more manuverable at lower altitudes, that will make things slightly more even. It's very difficult to get them to overshoot, and never ever try to go vertical with them, they have a much better thrust to weight ratio. When you are defensive with a superior aircraft you only really have 1 option, try to make them make a mistake. Don't just turn into them at your corner airspeed, change direction, altitude, and speed. I find that in BVR the best tactic to use against fulcrums and flankers is to fire AMRAAMs at them at just under the maximum range, than turn intil the target is at the very edge of your radars horizontal scan range, this puts them almost on your 3/9 line, than once your AMRAAM goes independent turn away completely and hit maximum afterburner. Once you are out of their range, turn around and do it again, or just run. If you do this repeatedly, you will use up alot of gas, but I find it's really the only way. Also in BVR being higher than them will give your missles more range and theirs less.

Comment

Another thing I just figured out, is slowly trade speed and Gs for altitude, than trade that alititude for speed once you get enough of it. That way you negate the other aircraft's advantage ofhigher thrust to weight ratio, yes he can still out accelerate you, but if he did that he will just overshoot.

However when you are trading speed for alititude this make you an easier target, so he will probobly take a shot a you, so keep an eye on him and if you see a missle, launch flares and change direction. I've also learned not to just hit the afterburner and turn into him at max Gs, you will lose speed and/or alititude very fast, and once you are out of it, he will still have the advantage, not to mention if you do survive, you will have very little fuel. So in other words, he has the advantage, but don't make him use it, because it will only put you at a greater disadvantage.

It's like if your in a camaro being chased by a ferrari. Sure you could go as fast as you want to try to get away from him, but he will still be able to keep up no matter what, so just go like 100mph, and not all out.

Oh yeah, is there no way to edit posts? Because I don't see an edit button.

Comment

I'm not sure - u should see an edit button (?)
                        Jex.

Comment

I think there's a time limit for editing a message.
                          Pavehawk
                          Any Time, Any Place

Comment

Well if you live long enough to get into a turning fight with a mig 29 here are a couple of things to think of. Keep your speed and energy up, speed and energy are two different things alway make sure you grab altitude whenever you can in this fight. Don't turn with the mig for an extended period of time b/c he will get behind you, you can use padlock and with the aim 9x you can uncage the seeker head and you will get a red circle with a cross through it listen for a solid tone and fire. If the mig gets behind you then your usually dead if you don't act fast, if I see a mig 29 behind me then I will dump flares and pull and out of plane manuver usually a rolling scissors or a barrel roll cutting the throttle and rolling into the bandit. Either of these manuvers can reverse the roll and the mig29 pilot will be watching a aim9 tracking up his tailpipe.

Slammer

Comment

I got tired of dying repeatedly during my many attempts to run the AMRAAM training mission. I found a lack of situational awareness along with ignorance of what my enemy was doing to be part of my problem. After many attempts I was able to take out the two mig-25's at about 10 o'clock level at angels 10 but the two mig-29's at 1 o'clock at angels 18 I almost never got.

In my last attempt on walking away from the mission I resolved to down the 25's and evaluate my position on the 29's. Having done that evaluation I turned for the final steerpoint and left the 29's on my six. My mistake was turning around on two occaisions to paint the 29's to determine range and if I had an AMRAAM shot or not. Those two turns cost me the distance I had and before I knew it I was dead.

The concensus on TeamSpeak on Sunday was that this particular training mission wasn't necessarily the easiest one.

The best advice I can give to anyone who's looking for more information about what's going on in a given training mission or TE is to turn on the AVTR. Anything and everything you wanted to know about what just happened can be played forwards and backwards. It helped me to determine that I wasn't waiting until the missle had acquired it's target. I also got to see some long shots I took miss due to a lack of energy. I even saw a few times when I hit the same aircraft with multiple missles. The AVTR was very useful in troubleshooting my failures.
                              Pavehawk
                              Any Time, Any Place

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...