Ghost Recon: Future Soldier dated for March 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Recon: Future Soldier dated for March 2012

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has been confirmed for a March 2012 release date by Ubisoft. The confirmation follows a host of retailers including Amazon, Wal-Mart and Best Buy all coincidentally tagging listings for the title with the same launch date of March 6. Ubisoft has previously confirmed it aims to deliver a beta of the title.

The listings as well as the beta date focus on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. While Future Soldier's also set to release on PSP, Wii and DS, don't be surprised if the release dates for these platforms leave a little wriggle-room. Future Soldier, originally intended as the fourth numbered entry in the Ghost Recon series, is being developed in-house at Ubisoft Paris, with Wii and PSP versions being handled by Next Level and Virtuos respectively. Are you hanging out for the next entry in the long-running Tom Clancy family of franchises? Or by March of next year, might the BF3/MW3 one-two punch have left you all army-manned out?

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Always ready for more GR. Been waiting for this for a long time!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier dated for March 2012

I'll be watching for this one!
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Gotta say, the trailer reminded me a lot of Ghost In The Shell.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Guess there's no point in waiting anymore. It's been cancelled for PC, citing 'piracy' concerns (the never-ending be all end all excuse for Ubisoft.)

We're getting a free-to-play multiplayer only version of it, being called "Ghost Recon: Online" instead, while the 360 gets the full version + single player campaign. And being told "thats what your community wants."

“We’re adapting the offer to the PC market. I don’t like to compare PC and Xbox boxed products because they have a model on that platform that is clearly meant to be €60’s worth of super-Hollywood content. On PC, we’re adapting our model to the demand."

I love the director's approach.

“Perhaps it will only take twelve guys three months to port the game to PC, it’s not a massive cost but it’s still a cost. If only 50,000 people buy the game then it’s not worth it.”

“When we started Ghost Recon Online we were thinking about Ghost Recon: Future Solider; having something ported in the classical way without any deep development, because we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game. So we said okay, we have to change our mind."

So, you know. Having it ported properly for a PC for only a few people to buy it = too much cost. Having a crappy console port = everyone's going to pirate it so why bother even doing that.

I'd love to have what Ubisoft is smoking. I haven't bought any Ubi games since their DRM focus came out. Pirated, either. It's just not worth it. They've actively driven away 90% of their PC market the past 2 years with their constant denigrating of PC users and DRM schemes as posited by sales numbers, and what do they have to show for it? Very little increase in console sales to compensate it.

I'm wondering when the ship will finally sink.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

When it does it wont be because of their lack of support for PC. They will blame the pirates and hackers. Why can't they just say "we didnt feel like doing it" I would have much more respect for them.

Welp, looks like no new Tom Clancy for me :(

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Ubisoft: "PC gamers are all pirates."
              PC gamers: "How rude. I certainly shan't be buying their games anymore."
              Ubisoft: "No-one bought our game on PC, which means everyone pirated it. Told you so!"
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

My good sir, I humbly draw attention to your own signature!

... anyway, piracy is far more exciting thant what Ubisoft is implying. Since when did illegally downloading games involve fresh sea air and sunlight?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

lol...

but what does this mean for that rainbow six game?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Not sure I will be buying this game. I really loved the GRAW 1 & 2 days, missed this game alot. But I dont want a third person view. I play FPS games for a reason, I like first person tactical shooters.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Gonna wait for this game's price to drop, and then I'm gonna get it-- For the single player experience only. The multiplayer component really just looks like Gears of War with tactical additions.

Besides, nothing beats GRAW 1 or GRAW 2 in terms of squad combat and tactical realism. (Except for Project Reality.)

Comment

|TG-IRR|

Comment

I don't find the over the shoulder view as detrimental as I may have once because of the time spent in ME 1 & 2 (and its the core group of GRAW players that I know have been impatiently waiting for this release that will make this a must buy).
                          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Pre-ordered at Gamestop yesterday, will be in store May 22nd. See ya in game.
                            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I will be getting it, but will wait til release date. It will be great to see the Ole' WALKER Brigade forming ranks again. LOL

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X