So who is ready for GRAW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is ready for GRAW?

How many of you are planning on picking up Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter when it is released?

I'm pretty excited about it. I just hope it lives up to the original.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: So who is ready for GRAW?

I'm hesitant. Seems real console oriented, with the PC as an afterthought.

Alot of the things which makes the game interesting (open levels, squad management) are gone or reduced to optional, so I'm not sure that merely being a new GR game is enough.

With Advanced Assault, OFP 2, F.E.A.R., Quake 4, and others in the pipeline, plus the games we already have, I'll wait for the reviews.

There are alot of online shooters in the wings: GRAW would need to be special to make the "buy it on release" cut.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      I'm hesitant. Seems real console oriented, with the PC as an afterthought.

Alot of the things which makes the game interesting (open levels, squad management) are gone or reduced to optional, so I'm not sure that merely being a new GR game is enough.

With Advanced Assault, OFP 2, F.E.A.R., Quake 4, and others in the pipeline, plus the games we already have, I'll wait for the reviews.

There are alot of online shooters in the wings: GRAW would need to be special to make the "buy it on release" cut.
      One thing that I always enjoyed with Ghost Recon was the way it kept me on the egde of my seat. There were a lot of great co-op missions developed for GR and quite a number of them developed by the Tactical Gamer community! During those co-op missions we disabled respawns completely. So keeping yourself alive was of great concern and you didn't run around like a madman because you wanted to stay alive as opposed to sitting out until the next round. There hasn't been a game since GR that has provided that same level of excitement.

GRAW seems to have the capability of playing similarly to the original GR. As such, I can guarantee you that TG will have the reality potential of the game cranked up as far as it can go.

GR2 seemed VERY console oriented. GRAW seems, to me at least, to be more balanced between the two.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

My big beef with BF2 is that you hit a button and get a new life, so most players aren't too concerned with being careful tactically. It was a HUGE disappointment when you got killed in GR (at least on our servers).

If some of that sweaty palm, heart pounding anxiety comes in the GRAW package I will definitley buy it. Mostly that has to do with how we can play it on TG servers I suppose.
        New to TG?

Comment

I'm in... waited to long for another GR... even thou I know it WONT be my beloved GR1... I can't pass it up.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking it up.

Comment

I'm in unless it gets truly stinky press and peer reviews.

Of course, I'll believe it when I see it this time. I just hope it requires...REQUIRES...some honking sweet graphics card so I can jack the whine factor up high enough for She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed to approve.

Comment

I've played both of the older games for XBox, and God knows this one HAS to be better than the second.

I'll pick it up, yeah, but not for PC.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

I'll get it if Badger comes back...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I like GR multiplayer, I'd get the new version.
                      "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

I'll be waiting for a review first. The previews doesn't seem to suggest it's even GR anymore. It's just a tactical FPS set in the future. While the play is slower and allows for more tactics on discussion, I found TvT to be lying on your stomach waiting for something to happen.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          I'll get it if Badger comes back...
                          Hell yeah! Where is that old wall hacker?

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                            I'll be waiting for a review first. The previews doesn't seem to suggest it's even GR anymore. It's just a tactical FPS set in the future. While the play is slower and allows for more tactics on discussion, I found TvT to be lying on your stomach waiting for something to happen.
                            That's just the disorganized stuff. I remember in the S&P vs. Null match TvT was more lying on your stomach watching Dudeman run around like a headless chicken because he couldn't stop his guy from running full speed all over Wilderness.

That was also where the S&P pulled our patented pile up on the door so no-one can open it manouver, giving Null a 15 second head start to the smokes on Docks. Oy.

Against 42nd we just gl'd that door. Taking care of business the grunt way.

Comment

I'll get it unless it totally sucks. My reserved hope is that it is a lot of tactical fun and supports our preferred way of play.

Mateo, what's Advanced Assault?

OFP 2 - When's that coming out?
                              F.E.A.R. - I don't think that's gonna support TG-type play.
                              Quake 4 - You mean the Quake Enemy Territory game? Or Quake 4? Cuz I've seen videos of Quake 4, and it's just Quake 3 on a better engine.

Meanwhile, have you guys checked out Huxley?
                              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...