• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/656/656853p1.html
    Delayed :(

Re: No!

Hey, as long as it's better than GR2. If that's what's taking all that time, I have no qualms with waiting.

Comment

Ya I know, I was just looking forward to playing it soon.

Comment

Myself, I'll probably be carried away with FEAR and my 360 when it comes out so I might even wait a while before getting it :P

Doesn't mean it won't be good.

Comment

Gosh who saw this coming?

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            Gosh who saw this coming?
            Next, the inevitable cancellation of the PC title. :icon_bigg

Comment

I dunno. They've already committed time/effort to PC, including actual 'pre-release' boxes (ie, presale boxes). I'm wagering they postponed the release to maximize the number of platforms, though they'll miss the very lucrative Xmas season.
              So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

Originally posted by Rose
                I dunno. They've already committed time/effort to PC, including actual 'pre-release' boxes (ie, presale boxes). I'm wagering they postponed the release to maximize the number of platforms, though they'll miss the very lucrative Xmas season.
                This is the same company that released GR2 for the consoles, delayed the PC version a good 6 months, WHILE THEY WORKED ON IT, only to cancel right before the game was to go gold.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                  This is the same company that released GR2 for the consoles, delayed the PC version a good 6 months, WHILE THEY WORKED ON IT, only to cancel right before the game was to go gold.
                  I confess to being out of touch, but when I worked in the games industry, the plan was for xbox next (is it called 360 now?) games to run on windows longhorn. Perhaps there's a nugget of truth in that article with regard to the code for 360? Maybe they're actually having problems getting it to work with longhorn PC's?

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I bet you they delayed it because the game didn't run smooth and fast enough. We may actually see it on PC before consoles.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                      I confess to being out of touch, but when I worked in the games industry, the plan was for xbox next (is it called 360 now?) games to run on windows longhorn. Perhaps there's a nugget of truth in that article with regard to the code for 360? Maybe they're actually having problems getting it to work with longhorn PC's?

Root
                      Nope. XBOX360 and Longhorn are entirely different architecturally, and Longhorn and Windows XP are similar enough that games for one work perfectly well for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Root

Root
                        Not sure about it...doesn't the Xbox 360 and Longhorn share the new DX10 game code? If so, it should be a fairly easy port, unless there is some subsystem in Longhorn/Vista which is gumming up the works. Form what I have seen of Vista so far, it's pretty advanced in terms of development.

Comment

I've been reading over at GR.Net and everybody is saying this is all marketing delaying the PC release. There are two dev teams working independently on the XBox 360 and PC versions. If one team can't meet the deadline, it doesn't have anything to do with the other team. A lot of people are believing that the PC version is being delayed so that its release can match the XBox 360 version's release.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                            I've been reading over at GR.Net and everybody is saying this is all marketing delaying the PC release. There are two dev teams working independently on the XBox 360 and PC versions. If one team can't meet the deadline, it doesn't have anything to do with the other team. A lot of people are believing that the PC version is being delayed so that its release can match the XBox 360 version's release.
                            If so, no doubt the PC crew is thanking God right now for the extra time. I don't think there's been a game in history that the developers didn't want a little more time with. Let's hope they don't overextend themselves with new "state-of-the-art" weapons systems with teleportation and shapeshifting...

...oh, we're not there yet?
                            [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                              That's funny, given that the original GR game was slated for release on consoles prior to PC, but issues with consoles led to the PC release first. Frustrating though to be in the same position again, but having to wait so UBI can maximize profits on all platforms by stalling the PC release.

Then again, mebbe the PC devs will be able to use the time between to tweak everything and/or make sure there is stable IGOR descendant for all us mission scripting geeks to properly abuse, anger and unleash on the players. Oh, wait, I'm going to do that anyways :row__577:
                              So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X