GRAW Xbox 360 video, first impresssions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW Xbox 360 video, first impresssions

Saw my first demo of the GRAW in a video on an Xbox 360.

First impression is I hope that the PC game is MUCH different.

What I saw was a fictional sci-fi high tech FPS game set in the near future. The view of the player is similar to that of Staw wars Commandos game. Where you see a goggle type otline of your view so you can imagine that you are actually wearing a set of goggles.
    That in itself is not a negative thing, what concerns me is the information that was displayed. Targets, visible or otherwise were highlighted with red diamonds so you knew exactly where they were behind walls and around corners.

Next was the weapons. Seems to be similar to the OICW rifle. Full auto, accurate single shot, reasonable zoom and semi-auto grenade launcher. My concern is everyone running around with grenade launchers. in a disciplined co-op style game that is not a real negative. But the second things turn to a TvT the semi-auto GL will be weapon of choice with people reverting to the rifle for CQB (sometimes) and when you run out of grenades.

Overall what I have seen in the video makes this a good arcade shooter well suited to the console gamer and the general mass of players. It seems to me to be a game that will compete more with the likes of BF2 than OFP2...

To sum it up I was not impressed with the video and did not even bother watching it in it completely.

Re: GRAW Xbox 360 video, first impresssions

Yeah, I saw a video that I think Magnum posted. The outlining of hostiles and friendlies isn't sitting well with me. It isn't GR anymore. It's just Advanced Warfighter.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If the game is like the video I will be passing on a game I have been waiting for for years.

It's heartbreakinf when they dumb down a great game liek this and can still call it Ghost Recon :(

Comment

After that stunt they pulled with GR2, I'm just waiting for Armed Assault and OFP2.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X