• Show
Clear All

• xbox version

any 1 tryed the xbox version yet? i might pick it up

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
    Delta MICS
    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Re: xbox version

I just returned the Xbox version today after renting it. After playing the Xbox version I am no longer looking forward to this game.
    A few annoying things in it...
    • Regenerate by resting
    • Killing armour with grenades
    • Two man squad. Thinking co-op will be 2 player...
    • Instant heal/ammo stations. Also serve as save points.
    • Moderate partner AI. Only saw one or two bad nades and he ran away from both.
    • .50 cal rifle more like rocket launcher
    • sights do no correspond with launchers. You can have clear line of sight and still hit your cover killing you with the .50, grenades, or rocket launcher

There are some positives though that do not make up for the negatives.
    • Neat vision modes, both daylight and nightime
    • Red threat indicators on HUD. Actually liked the implementation. You had to ID target then the HUD would track it. Would be great tool in MP-COOP.

Overall I was dissapointed and will not be bothering with the PC version.

Comment

In real life the sights do not correspond exactly with the launchers too. For rocket launchers especially you'll have the sight off to the side, and it will need to fly 10 meters or something before it reaches the point you're aiming for.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
        In real life the sights do not correspond exactly with the launchers too. For rocket launchers especially you'll have the sight off to the side, and it will need to fly 10 meters or something before it reaches the point you're aiming for.
        I think this is a perfect example showing that just because it's realistic, it doesn't mean it's fun or good for game mechanics.

Tosh, reconsider when the PC version comes out. The XBox version was developed separately from the PC version. PC GRAW will be not be a console port. Nobody should be hyping themselves for GRAW with Ubi's track record (R6: Lockdown, GR2) or dismissing GRAW because of the XBox version. Wait until it comes out, read reviews, then decide.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have very limited funds at the moment. Full time student, 1 year old kid, fiancee.... I have to pick and choose games carefully. Right now I am already starting my fight for Armed Assault and Spore. not sure what I am going to do to keep being a supporting member. I simply do not have the funds for mediocre games, and GRAW will be a mediocre game.

As for the sights, I realize that. I also realize that if you shoot a .50 cal bullet into a wooden box 6" in front of your face you will not blow up, even if it was possible considering the length of the rifle.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X