Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter - Pre-Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter - Pre-Order

Don't forget to pre-order Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter!

I also put a copy of this banner up one the home page to make sure everyone remembers to pick this up! I'm expecting it to be quite a big hit at Tactical Gamer.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter - Pre-Order

Thanks for the heads up, Apophis.

BF2 had momentum from day one here.

Why didn't RO (unfair assessment?), and what differentiates GRAW from it such that we anticipate it will?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Thanks for the heads up, Apophis.

BF2 had momentum from day one here.

Why didn't RO (unfair assessment?), and what differentiates GRAW from it such that we anticipate it will?
      I think RO's biggest failing was lack of marketing on their part. I only see 46 RO servers being tracked at this point in time, and that's not very much of a base. It might change once it hits retail around the world, but only time will tell.

UBISOFT has a lot more money behind GRAW and has been promoting it to no end. And as you know, you're not going to buy a game if you're not aware the game exists. We do what we can internally to promote these games, but without a healthy player base externally as well as internally, there's only so much that can be done.

On another note. Ghost Recon was a VERY popular game in its time and it still has legs (although they appear a little short). The PC community got robbed of GR2 and I think GR3 will be something they will jump on. I think if UBI treats it right, the Ghost Recon franchise has a fairly long life in the PC market. How they treat the modding and server sub-communities within GR3 will also greatly affect the longevity of GRAW.

Comment

I'm following this GRAW although I think I'll wait for the demo before pre-ordering as Armed Assault is also on my list and I'll only be purchasing one of the two. :)

Is it co-op only? I've never played any of the Ghost Recon series...

Comment

Ghost Recon is Single- and Multi-Player, with people vs. people and people vs. AI gameplay.

Ghost Recon's past success at TG is probably the largest indication that GRAW will be a big hit here. There are already a lot of people at TG with a long history of GR play, most of whom stopped playing GR simply because it had been played out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe GR was the first game to bring a lot of attention to Tactical Gamer. Apophis and co. have done a lot of work to expand TG's player base across several games, but when I first joined Tactical Gamer it was almost all about GR. There was a significant Natural Selection (or was it CounterStrike?) player-base, but nothing rivaled GR at TG.

I still believe Ghost Recon was the best play TG ever had to offer (so far). Not because the players are better or because GR is a better game than others, but because I haven't seen any game that better augments and encourages TG's drive towards tactics and teamwork. I hope GRAW will provide the same opportunities for TG as the original.
          [volun]

Comment

I am so buying that. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

GR was the prime of its time here.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

In the Original Ghost Recon Coop up to 9 people could play. The objectives have to be finished within 45 minutes (I think this is a server option), if you die one minute in and the game take's 40 minutes to finish you will wait 39 minutes till you play again. You value your life and you think twice before you shoot. Not sure how good GRAW will be but I am hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                  In the Original Ghost Recon Coop up to 9 people could play. The objectives have to be finished within 45 minutes (I think this is a server option), if you die one minute in and the game take 40 minutes to finish you will wait 39 minutes till you play again. You value your life and you think twice before you shoot. Not sure how good GRAW will be but I am hoping for the best.
                  Tactical Gamer will surely run with the same EXTREMELY high standards we kept with our original GR servers. That being no respawn, 45 minute rounds, and the most extreme difficulty for all missions. Not fun for everyone, but certainly fun for the folks that were die-hard GR fans at TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                    Tactical Gamer will surely run with the same EXTREMELY high standards we kept with our original GR servers. That being no respawn, 45 minute rounds, and the most extreme difficulty for all missions. Not fun for everyone, but certainly fun for the folks that were die-hard GR fans at TG.
                    Im really glad to hear that. It took me a good while to get usta those standards but its great. The group of guys we have playing GR now are really a great group of gamers. Im looking forward to more games at TG like SWAT AA GR, slow things down, its more fun that way.

So if it is only gonna allow 4 for Co-op hopefully since the demo is being released the modders will be able to mod it to 9, does that mean TG would have more then 1 GRAW server?
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...