GRAW Settings Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW Settings Thread

Just wanted to get the ball rolling on this.

I installed the game and went with default settings on a 9800XT running at 1280x1024.

The game gave me medium textures, 4 x anti-aliasing, high effects, but defaulted to 800x600. I changed it to 1280x1024.

Seems to run pretty smooth...but what's up with the mouse control? It feels pretty sluggish, as if they were attempting to build in human reaction time and all that. I bumped up the mouse and 3D mouse pointer speeds up to 75% and the game was nigh uncontrollable. I'll probably go with a setting around 50% (1.0) or slightly higher.

What's with this PhysX thingie? If I decided to get a compatible card, what would that do for me?
    |TG| HOUDINI

Re: GRAW Settings Thread

PPU

That should help explian any questions about that. Just a fancy card to remove some load off of the CPU and GPU. If it runs smooth on medium for you i should do okay at low...great!
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Wow. Absolutely unplayable for me. In the outdoor areas, there is over a full second delay between the time I click the mouse button to fire, and when the actual firing animation occurs on the screen. I've tried all the various graphics settings, from the very highest to the very lowest, at various resolutions. I've tried with EAX enabled and with EAX disabled, on all of the various sound qualities. Somehow, this game just doesn't run on my system. My specs:

P4 3.4GHz CPU (800MHz FSB)
      2GB PC3200 SDRAM
      BFG Geforce 6800GT OC (256MB)
      Soundblaster Audigy 4
      SATA150 RAID 0

I thought this hardware would be plenty to run the game, at least at the low and medium settings, but it's not working for me at all. :( If anyone has any suggestions, I'll definitely give them a shot!

Comment

Pentium 4 2.8 northbridge. With 1 gig of ram and a Ati 9600. everything on low, it runs. Not very choppy could be better. Im still up in the air about upgradeing for this game, as i think a few others are. Just gonna wait for release and wait to see what everyone else thinks
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I was very worried mine wouldnt run at all, but it runs great on low settings. Im even considering upping my settings. My specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.11 GHZ, 1 GB of ram, and radeon 9700 pro.

Comment

P4 2.2ghz
            1 gig of ram
            ATI 9800

Well, the game put all settings up to medium via autodetect, but play was painfully jerky. I'm now playing with everything on low, and it still looks pretty good.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
              I thought this hardware would be plenty to run the game, at least at the low and medium settings, but it's not working for me at all. :( If anyone has any suggestions, I'll definitely give them a shot!
              Same goes for me. The opening video was choppy. The menus are choppy. The gameplay is embarrassingly unplayable. I blame my system, which didn't come at a price that this title will justify me repeating.

AMD 3200+
              1 GB PC 2700
              nVidia FX5200XT (128 MB)

I don't offer those specs to suggest that they should perform well, but rather as context for anyone else wondering how his system will perform.

Apophis, don't take down the original Ghost Recon server. I'm blessed to share what I guess is a rather special and very real ability to genuinely enjoy quality gameplay when it's immersed in yesterday's technology.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

P4 2.8GHz @ 864Mhz fsb
                2GB of PC3200 ram oc'ed to 434Mhz
                Nvidia 6600Vanilla 256mb

I set things to mostly low, and res to 8x6, when I zoom in with sniper...slows down like crazy. I hope the full version is a bit more optimized, the graphics are pretty decent, nothing special, should be running better than this.

Comment

Installing the latest (nvidea) drivers seemed to resolve performance problems for a lot of people.

Comment

These are what my settings for the demo are. I get about 30-35 fps indoors, 25-30 fps while outdoors and indoor firefights, and 20-25 fps for outdoor firefights which is all definatly playable for me. When I turn shadows, lighting, and post effects to high, fps drops to about 10.

A64 3200+
                    1.5GB
                    6600GT
                    Last edited by Dark Viper; 04-27-2006, 10:44 AM.
                    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      Apophis, don't take down the original Ghost Recon server. I'm blessed to share what I guess is a rather special and very real ability to genuinely enjoy quality gameplay when it's immersed in yesterday's technology.
                      +1

I'd also like to continue playing the original GR here at TG.

And by the way, Wyz, I still fire up the original DOOM and DOOM II from time to time, albeit on the "souped up" jDoom engine. Some games just seem to transcend age (at least for me); a big part of my enjoyment comes from the folks with whom I'm playing.

Comment

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2ghz
                        1.5gb of ram
                        BFG 7800GS OC

I can run everything on medium textures, 8 x anti-aliasing, high effects, 1024x768. Game runs pretty darn smooth but I'm not used to the GRAW controls after playing BF2 since it came out. I'm a little disappointed because of the learning curve. Plus there wasn't much action in the demo. I spent most of the time having my team walk from place to place with limited bad guys. Everytime I spotted an ememy my squad killed them already before I was able to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyWiz
                          Plus there wasn't much action in the demo. I spent most of the time having my team walk from place to place with limited bad guys. Everytime I spotted an ememy my squad killed them already before I was able to shoot.
                          I have played many rounds of the original GR without ever firing a shot. If your team is taking care of business, that's what matters.

Comment

Got a chance to try the demo this morning-runs pretty choppy on medium, so I'm going to turn everything off and see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              Got a chance to try the demo this morning-runs pretty choppy on medium, so I'm going to turn everything off and see how that goes.
                              This is what I saw, too. The "optimal" settings chosen by the game had everything set to medium on my system, but this gave extremely choppy play. I turned every setting down to the lowest possible (or "off"), and still did not gain much of an improvement. If you figure out something that gives you decent performance, please share.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X