This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations of GRAW players at TG.

I'm going to get this out of the way nice and early so there's no room for confusion.

Ghost Recon has a special place here at Tactical Gamer and we have expections that FAR exceed many other games.
    • ALL players are expected to read and abide by the SOPs posted in the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter SOP forum.
    • This is *NOT* a rush-to-fight game at Tactical Gamer.
    • Expect slow and methodical gameplay.
    • Expect the game to be very difficult. And DON'T expect there to be respawns.
    • Keep comms clear and concise.

If you find yourself deserting your team, ignoring orders, and trying to treat this game like some fast-paced FPS, you should expect to see yourself removed from the game and from TeamSpeak.

When it comes to Ghost Recon, we couldn't be MORE serious about these rules and the application of the philosophy behind Tactical Gamer. Just because you can grab a sniper rifle and rush to the front-lines in another game doesn't mean it's going to be even REMOTELY tolerated in GRAW.

Thanks for your time.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Expectations of GRAW players at TG.

I always enjoyed it on the GR server when I got to tell a pubbie: "If your inability to work with the team becomes a liability to the rest of the team I will authorize someone to TK you." :)
    [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
      I always enjoyed it on the GR server when I got to tell a pubbie: "If your inability to work with the team becomes a liability to the rest of the team I will authorize someone to TK you." :)
      Yeah, it's one of the only games at TG where the actions or refusal to follow orders by a SINGLE person can jeopardize the mission for every other player in the game. I won't hesitate to give that order if someone goes off reservation and doesn't stick the the commanders orders.

Comment

Amen to both of you. I read those GR sops once a week just to make sure i am following. I dont think alot of players are understanding the quality of game play GR has at TG. Ive only started playing for maybe 3 weeks, or a few more. Listening to some of these players on TS its really interesting, gonna be alot of sad and lonely players if they break these rules.

Im all for supporting ever single run in place for GR.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
          Yeah, it's one of the only games at TG where the actions or refusal to follow orders by a SINGLE person can jeopardize the mission for every other player
          The other being Natural Selection, which will nicely suit those of you looking for GR-caliber teamplay in a fast, difficult, and methodical environment.

Think of GRAW as slow gameplay on fast computers and Natural Selection as fast gameplay on slow computers. :)
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            The other being Natural Selection, which will nicely suit those of you looking for GR-caliber teamplay in a fast, difficult, and methodical environment.

Think of GRAW as slow gameplay on fast computers and Natural Selection as fast gameplay on slow computers. :)
            I don't know if I would compare the two in this manner. In any case, this thread is about expectations in our GR environment. Please keep it on-topic.
            Last edited by Apophis; 04-27-2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Ready to roll Chief!

Comment

Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing this game in action at TG.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                |TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                  I'm going to get this out of the way nice and early so there's no room for confusion.

Ghost Recon has a special place here at Tactical Gamer and we have expections that FAR exceed many other games.
                  • ALL players are expected to read and abide by the SOPs posted in the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter SOP forum.

If you find yourself deserting your team, ignoring orders, and trying to treat this game like some fast-paced FPS, you should expect to see yourself removed from the game and from TeamSpeak.

When it comes to Ghost Recon, we couldn't be MORE serious about these rules and the application of the philosophy behind Tactical Gamer. Just because you can grab a sniper rifle and rush to the front-lines in another game doesn't mean it's going to be even REMOTELY tolerated in GRAW.

Thanks for your time.
                  Apo, you just described a world that might even tempt me away from WoW from time to time.
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

You need to get into GRAW before I do, beep, so that I can repeat my "first round of Ghost Recon ever and I just TK'd beep in the back of the head point blank" tradition. :/

Or not.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I can't wait!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        You need to get into GRAW before I do, beep, so that I can repeat my "first round of Ghost Recon ever and I just TK'd beep in the back of the head point blank" tradition. :/

Or not.
                        LOL...I had forgotten about that...:) Yep...Beep the old hand taken out by a TK from his new teammate...arrggghhh!!!

I'll probably try to find a copy of the game this weekend and see if my rig can handle it. It's getting creaky after 3 years, but I want to wait until this fall when there's more to be known about Conroe and AM2....
                        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post

Thanks for your time.
                          Agreed. Teamwork is the key.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Good bump bubba. I don't think most people realize how serious apophis is about the GR rules and game play at TG. Make sure you read the SOPs for GR and GRAW. Without them you wont appreciate the game
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                              Good bump bubba. I don't think most people realize how serious apophis is about the GR rules and game play at TG. Make sure you read the SOPs for GR and GRAW. Without them you wont appreciate the game
                              Yeah, I don't want to see people grabbing sniper rifles and rushing to the front, only to die in 2 minutes and then complain because there are no respawns and they have to wait 43 minutes until the next round. They aren't going to get much sympathy. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X