Sluggish Mouse or laggy game play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sluggish Mouse or laggy game play

I was reading over at the UBI forums, that some people experience a positive effect to gameplay by uninstalling those AGIE (whatever) drivers you're forced to install.

Can do that through Add/Remove Programs in control panel.

I personally haven't tried it but plan to.

If you find it helpful, let us know.

Thanks
    Tom

Re: Sluggish Mouse or laggy game play

I've tried the demo both with those drivers and without. I was hoping that removing them would improve my system's performance, but I did not notice any differences. In any case, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully this knowledge will benefit other folks who are having performance issues.

Comment

I tried without the Ageia driver, performance was the same. My machine just isn't up to handling the big firefights. Its ok walking around and dealing with 1 or 2 AI. But more than that and it turns into a slide show.

Comment

The game says it needs those drivers so I'm reluctant to remove them :D

Comment

yes this game is very graphic intensive.

I have a AMD643200+ ASUS KV8SEDeluxe pc3200 1.5gb ATI x1600 PRO 256MB
          Santa cruz 5.1 sound

Now with this system I should not have any problems but I'm getting a lot of mouse lag and sound issues.

I turned the sound setting lower and its playing better.
          Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

Hey Wolf..what do you mean by sound setting lower?

I haven't check the audio settings so maybe my question is premature.

Thx

Comment

i think by turning the off the music it helps game play, i did that yesterday and i did notice a little bit of difference. My graphics dint lag as much
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I feel like I'm zoomed in, all the time when playing this game. Small FOV or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                  I got the newest driver for the physics:
                  http://www.ageia.com/products/drivers.html picked up 5 more fps.
                  Increased sensitivity on the mouse, although not too much as it interferes with weapon aiming, I think the "laggyness" was intentional as it does a reasonable job of simulating human movement. I mean we can't snap around and look as quickly in real life in games such as CoD or BF, so my feeling is that it was intentional by the developers. Just my two centavos. lol
                  I think this is part of it: the way the cursor seems to move emulates real life movement, but does not make it pleasant to play. For example, try going prone and aiming at something-it's very slow, and you have a limited field of fire. Nice touch really.

I get the full on stutter in firefights, so that makes it very tough to play. I'll try turning off the sound, etc. and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                    I mean we can't snap around and look as quickly in real life in games such as CoD or BF, so my feeling is that it was intentional by the developers. Just my two centavos. lol
                    Agreed. Not sure I like it though. I mean, it's even hard to move quickly on the tactical map. I was in a firefight, under cover, trying to get my guys to cover certain areas. Unfortunately, the mouse "sluggishness" seemed to carry over into the tac-map, making it even more difficult to place my guys...especially in a hurry. Don't misunderstand me, the sluggishness I'm referring to isn't system related...it's a very smooth molasses feel if you get my drift.

Personally, I hope they get rid of the "human" element there. It really is a nice touch, but given the game's already high-end system tasking, I think it makes some players even more frustrated.

My system, surprisingly, is playing GRAW very well...so I'm happy there. The tac-map (and being able to watch your guys execute in 1st person) is amazing! I absolutely love the potential here!! Without doubt, this game is made for TG...very slow, methodical gameplay.
                    |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Regarding this "sluggishness," if it's intentional, I wonder why the developers carried it over to your in-game view. When I turn my head in real life and look at a bush or a car, my eyes focus on the object in question almost instantaneously -- there is no "sluggishness" with my view. When I'm snap-shooting with one of my ARs, though, it DOES take some time to move the rifle and get on target. I thought this sort of "sluggishness" was already accounted for by the game's crosshair, with it spreading wide open with quick movements, but staying tight and focused with slow movements. I would think your view and your weapon's crosshair (or, better yet, your weapon's sights) should be modelled separately in the game.

At any rate, I won't be able to comment on this fully until I'm able to run the game smoothly.

Comment

I feel my mouse is sluggish even in the tactical map thing when trying to place down waypoints and stuff. I can deal with a "realistic" feel when moving around in game, just wish it was a bit more responsive when trying to put down waypoints.
                        Battlefield Admin() ()
                        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                        | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by Bhack
                          I feel like I'm zoomed in, all the time when playing this game. Small FOV or something.
                          Thats kinda the feeling I got. My mouse responds fine, but I found myself wanting to click the right mouse button to zoom out when I wasn't zoomed in.
                          sigpic

Comment

Following up:

I disabled pretty much everything that could be, setting everything on low, turning off eax, lowering the volume, etc. My FRAPS isn't working for some reason, so I don't know the exact framerates, but it feels like 20s full screen, and 30s windowed.

Running windowed made the game really smooth for some odd reason.

Comment

I don't want to turn this thread into a referendum on game design, but they could have emulated real life MUCH MUCH better if, instead of sluggish aiming, your crosshair moved instantly but your gun was innacurate for a few seconds after moving your rifle. That way you could look around like you do in real life but not aim like a robot.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X