Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough about co-op, whats this domination?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough about co-op, whats this domination?

Whenever anyone says anything about MP in GRAW, they seem to be referring to co-op. Co-op looks like it will be great, but after i quit the demo it said theres a 32 player domination mode. Does anyone have any information on this game mode, if its very teambased, and if TG will support it?

Re: Enough about co-op, whats this domination?

Domination was the main player-vs-player game TG played with the original Ghost Recon. The way it worked was like this:

There are five zones in the map. A team must "capture" a zone by standing in it and thus turning the zone their color. They get one point per zone per second. So the more zones you have the faster you accumulate points. So the point of the game is basically to capture more zones then your opponent for a longer period of time.

When TG played it, we still played with no respawns, which means the game could end by the death of all members of one team or when time ran out. So initially there was usually a scramble for zones and position. Whichever team ended up on top then got to fortify its positions, while the other team had to maneuver and find a way to capture a new zone. Often, towards the end, there would be 1 player vs. a few on the other team, and because they couldn't cover all the approaches or all the zones, that one player would have to run around frantically trying to sneak up and flank the enemy, while the other team was frantically trying to track the player down before he captured any more of their zones. Some of the funnest times I had were when I was the last one left, and I got to sneak around capturing zones, trying to convince the other team I was headed in one direction when I was actually doubling back or going down a side-route.

Consider it similar to your standard capture-the-zone gametype that most games come with. But the addition of no respawns changes the nature of it quite a bit. It's no longer a game of aggregate kill-to-death percentages and sprint-to-zone strategies. A single push in the right spot at the right moment, sometimes just minutes before the end of the round, can change everything.
    [volun]

Comment

It may be a moot point because it looks like the game isn't shipping with dedicated server files, which would be necessary for TG to host even a co-op server. The server it is shipping with will require a copy of the game and a video card meeting the game's minimum requirements to be in the "server."
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

Somehow, my neighbour has snagged a (legitimate) copy of GRAW, so I'll check this out tonight :)

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
        |TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
          Somehow, my neighbour has snagged a (legitimate) copy of GRAW, so I'll check this out tonight :)
          If you pre-ordered from UBI there's a good chance your copy shipped two days ago. A LOT of people have already gotten their copies delivered.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X