new final preview and MP info...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new final preview and MP info...

GameSpy has a two page final preview of GRAW for the PC...

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/tom-clancys.../703438p1.html

It talks alot about the multiplayer, I guess they didn't have time to finish it so a MP downloadable add-on is suppose to following a month or two...

"The fun shouldn't stop with the retail release, either -- a traditional deathmatch mode is planned to be added to the multiplayer package come June"
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: new final preview and MP info...

I think it would be a great addition to the TG community and our style of play. I like this statement:

"Domination." It works like this: two teams of players, up to 32 in total, will be thrown into maps of varying size and asked to take control of different sectors within them. The gameplay is a twist on your "capture-and-hold"-style match, not far removed from the concept behind UT2004's Onslaught mode: each map will be divided into different sectors, which are connected by a series of supply lines. In order to win, you have to be the team controlling the most sectors at the end of the match.

In addition, for every sector that your team controls, you will be awarded "tactical points," which you can use to reequip yourself or perform other metagame tricks, like, say, spawning right next to your team leader. There's a rub, though: In order to collect points from a sector, you have to control every sector in between it on the supply-line chain. This brings into play strategies that involve cutting off the opposition's supply chain, effectively forcing them into their home sectors.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Things don't look very good for a GRAW SADS (Stand-Alone Dedicated Server), and they don't look much better for client-based servers either! It is highly probable that we won't be able to supply any datacenter-hosted servers until GRIN releases their "multiplayer" patch in June. Even then, it is unknown if we will gain any hosting ability.

To me, it looks like UBI/GRIN really dropped the ball on this one. I'm going to wait until I have the full game and write up an article about this very issue for the front page. I can't express my level of disappointment with both of these companies at their choices to alienate the dedicated server and multiplayer markets.

As I just told Sabre Six, Armed Assault is looking better and better to me.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Do you think the hamaci fix will work for now or is that gonna be to much of a resource hog to be worth hosting. I think alot of us GR players are waiting for AA to release specs so we can see what we are gonna have to upgrade to play both. So bummers all a around
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
          Do you think the hamaci fix will work for now or is that gonna be to much of a resource hog to be worth hosting. I think alot of us GR players are waiting for AA to release specs so we can see what we are gonna have to upgrade to play both. So bummers all a around
          Hamachi works very well for small groups wanting to play. But as a long-term method of support for the community, it becomes very very cumbersome.

I really hope I'm wrong about this. But if after what UBI put us through with the cancellation of GR2, if they both GR3 and kneecap the multiplayer market I'm going to have serious thoughts about supporting any other UBI game in the future.

Comment

Hamaci would only be for COOP; it isn't going to work for the 32 player games.

Edit: And Apophis beat me to it.

Comment

Well, I was planning holding off on GRAW for Armed Assault and I guess this seals it. Anyone know the latest anticipated release date for AA? I'm not much into single-player, I much prefer the multiplayer, on-line experience. I guess, at least for now, it's a no-brainer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Things don't look very good for a GRAW SADS (Stand-Alone Dedicated Server), and they don't look much better for client-based servers either! It is highly probable that we won't be able to supply any datacenter-hosted servers until GRIN releases their "multiplayer" patch in June. Even then, it is unknown if we will gain any hosting ability.

To me, it looks like UBI/GRIN really dropped the ball on this one. I'm going to wait until I have the full game and write up an article about this very issue for the front page. I can't express my level of disappointment with both of these companies at their choices to alienate the dedicated server and multiplayer markets.

As I just told Sabre Six, Armed Assault is looking better and better to me.

Woah, I totally missed this...

Where did you get this info from? The final retail product will not come with dedicated server options??? :icon_eek:

Comment

Originally posted by en4rcment
                  Woah, I totally missed this...

Where did you get this info from? The final retail product will not come with dedicated server options??? :icon_eek:
                  Reading the UBI forums, unfortunately.

Apparently the final product does not have a dedicated server option or Co-Op. I have yet to confirm this first-hand, but I'm doing what I can. I have sent an e-mail off to my UBI UK contact to see if they have any additional information for me.

There is no SADS for GRAW though. And what we will get in the June timeframed multiplayer "patch" is unknown.

Comment

Absolutely horrible news...

Comment

In the meantime, fortunately, there is still the original Ghost Recon, which, now and again, is played every week at Tactical Gamer. :D

Comment

This is terrible news. How can they release a game like this with no multiplayer option?

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

At this point, GRAW is a HUGE disappointment for me. I am not considering to buy it. My focus is on Armed Assault.

Although there are strong points of the game (slow and tactical play, sounds, animations), lack of proper MP support and design choice of HDR over AA just ruined it for me. Those jaggies look very ugly and this also affects the gameplay because spotting enemy at a distance becomes a difficult task when you have waves and waves of jaggies filling your screen.

Comment

^^^^ATI will probably release a Chuck patch for that. Unfortunately that will only apply to X1k cards.
                            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Wow. If that is true, that is astonishing.
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X