Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

    OK.

    Ive been giving my self ashma attacks over the past 4 months reading about this game and getting WELL excited over it!

    I downloaded the demo the other night after a rubbish day at work, thinking that it'll take all the pain away, OH how wrong I was.

    My PC is a pretty good spec, 512RAM, Radeon 9600 Graphics... etc (this is good enough right)

    I installed this game and the load time for the level was like 4mins... is this normal?

    It stuttered along and when it finally loaded the game the frame rate was tragic!
    UN-PLAYABLE basically!

    I run Battlefield 2 fine, no probs and any other game such as COD2...etc.

    But this just seems to kick the crap outta my machine?! WHY?

    Is it just cos its a pre-game demo? If so... why would Ubi put out such a bad demo?

    I refuse to shell out my hard earned cash on a game that wont even run smooth on my system!

    any views or suggestions?

  • #2
    Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

    looks like your configuration does not meet the minimum requirements.
    1gb ram is required. also the video card may be a bottleneck. which CPU do you use?
    former TacticalGamer European Division



    A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

      CPU?

      how'd you mean?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

        I was gonna say the ram thing. I have 1 gig of ram and the 9600 and a P4 2.8 and it "runs" okay. Try another 512 of ram and see if that helps.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

          Originally posted by GAV_A_TRON
          My PC is a pretty good spec, 512RAM, Radeon 9600 Graphics... etc (this is good enough right)
          Prepare to be shocked, but by modern gaming standards you computer is not even close to top end right now...

          I would list your CPU, RAM type, and vid card first, so that we can see what you have.

          GRIN (the devs of GR:AW PC) did not make this game very friendly to people with low-to mid PCs. You need a very decent CPU, at least 1GB of RAM (preferably PC3200 or better), and, since you are obviously using an AGP motherboard, you will want to look at the Radeon X850 XT OR the NVIDIA 7800 GS GPU's...

          BTW- Just so you don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat as you. My Radeon 9600 XT is barely cutting it. I will also need to purchase a new vid card.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

            Originally posted by en4rcment
            Prepare to be shocked, but by modern gaming standards you computer is not even close to top end right now...

            I would list your CPU, RAM type, and vid card first, so that we can see what you have.

            GRIN (the devs of GR:AW PC) did not make this game very friendly to people with low-to mid PCs. You need a very decent CPU, at least 1GB of RAM (preferably PC3200 or better), and, since you are obviously using an AGP motherboard, you will want to look at the Radeon X850 XT OR the NVIDIA 7800 GS GPU's...

            BTW- Just so you don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat as you. My Radeon 9600 XT is barely cutting it. I will also need to purchase a new vid card.

            Im looking at the X1600 or the X800GT for agp right now trying to look and see whats the best deal for the time and price.

            And hes right, 2 years ago your PC would have been top end, which mine was. but today its now at the mid to low range.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

              Ahhhhh crud!

              what a gip!

              almost makes me just wanna buy a 360 and have done with it!

              Looks like its back to Counter Strike and Battlefield 2 for me!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

                Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                Im looking at the X1600 or the X800GT for agp right now trying to look and see whats the best deal for the time and price.

                And hes right, 2 years ago your PC would have been top end, which mine was. but today its now at the mid to low range.
                yeah my PC is about 2 years old...

                what is the best option for me?

                new PC?

                which one?

                EEK!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

                  whats your CPU speed, if its over 2.2 id say just get another stick of ram, or even go all the way up to 2 gigs total and get a new GPU....either the 6800gt, 7800gt Oc or the ATi 1600GT, X800GT. that will help you run things better for a little while
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

                    Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                    whats your CPU speed, if its over 2.2 id say just get another stick of ram, or even go all the way up to 2 gigs total and get a new GPU....either the 6800gt, 7800gt Oc or the ATi 1600GT, X800GT. that will help you run things better for a little while
                    I have a Shuttle PC (little tiny box thing)

                    dont know how easy it would be to upgrade?

                    Ill list my full PC spec up here tonight if you'd kindley look back then and have a see of what I got, tell me what you think... etc.

                    ???

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

                      Originally posted by GAV_A_TRON
                      yeah my PC is about 2 years old...

                      what is the best option for me?

                      new PC?

                      which one?

                      EEK!
                      Theres a loaded question... "Which one".

                      Well, alot of players here probably build their own. If you don't have the skillz there, Dell seems to be the mainstream heavy hitter, but then you get into the upgrades which again requires knowing what you need in terms of Vid Card, CPU, Ram, HD.

                      When I have to buy a canned pc, I go Dell personally.

                      Its unfortunately not an easy question to answer and no disrespect meant, but I have the impressions that you're up on the guts of a pc and the technology side.

                      Not sure how to help you, so maybe you could ask some specific questions you have and i'm sure some can point you down a good path.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

                        You should be fine with just a stick of RAM and a new videocard. I would go with a 6800GS, except I'm not sure if that's going to fit in a tiny box. Did you buy the Shuttle PC because you go to lots of LANs or something? Because otherwise you'd be better off buying a real case.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

                          Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                          You should be fine with just a stick of RAM and a new videocard. I would go with a 6800GS, except I'm not sure if that's going to fit in a tiny box. Did you buy the Shuttle PC because you go to lots of LANs or something? Because otherwise you'd be better off buying a real case.
                          I got the Shuttle off EBay just over a year ago for 200 - BARGIN I thought, has done really well for me so far!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sluggish Demo? Top-end Pc?

                            Originally posted by +Mot73+
                            Theres a loaded question... "Which one".

                            Well, alot of players here probably build their own. If you don't have the skillz there, Dell seems to be the mainstream heavy hitter, but then you get into the upgrades which again requires knowing what you need in terms of Vid Card, CPU, Ram, HD.

                            When I have to buy a canned pc, I go Dell personally.

                            Its unfortunately not an easy question to answer and no disrespect meant, but I have the impressions that you're up on the guts of a pc and the technology side.

                            Not sure how to help you, so maybe you could ask some specific questions you have and i'm sure some can point you down a good path.
                            Ive been looking at the AlienWear systems - they look so nice but DAMN they are pricey!

                            Sigh... so much to learn and know about just to play and have a decent bit of gamming time!

                            LOL

                            Comment

                            Connect

                            Collapse

                            TeamSpeak 3 Server

                            Collapse

                            Advertisement

                            Collapse

                            Twitter Feed

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X