Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct2Drive purchase...

FYI...

You can pre-order Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter from Direct2Drive, then the day it is officially released (currently 5/2/06) you can download the game... as a bonus you have a choice between Far Cry and Prince of Persa that you can download for free NOW.

www.direct2drive.com
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Direct2Drive purchase...

Wow... I played Far Cry a ton at my friend's house but never bought it myself. And it looks like Prince of Persia is the third one, which I think is better than the first. Hmmm...

I think I'll hold off until I see what TG says about the multiplayer. Hopefully they keep this neat deal around longer.

Comment

Is the game going to be on a DVD? Because if it isn't then I will get it from Direct2Drive.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I don't know, but with only the medium graphics and one mission in 500mb, its going to be well over 1gb for the full.

Comment

I'm going to have to think about this. I really wanted to get the Prince of Persia disk since I ran across a Frag Doll podcast interview with the dev team....and getting GRAW is a no brainer, even if I can barely run it.

My question is: can I back up the download and install it, if I need to reinstall? Or do I need to redownload it?

Comment

I was looking at this as well. On the Direct2Drive FAQ page it says you can backup your copies to disk.

What I can't find an answer on, is how do you work around the CD key? Do I get a special code that works for my game only? Do I need to run another program in the background (ala Game Jackal) to make it work?

Great idea, but before I buy into this, I want to know how user-friendly this system is. Anyone care to help?
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Every game you buy from Direct2Drive is logged into an account...

If you sign in and look at your account page you will see every game you've purchased along with the CD key...

You can download and install the games as many times as you want but I do believe it keeps a track on what PC it is installed on and only works on one, ie: I tried to install a game that was installed and activated on my desktop to my laptop, it wouldn't allow it.
              But you can e-mail them if you buy a new PC and they will re-set it for you for new activation.

Theres precautions there on there part, can you blame them to an extent, but I've had no problems downloading, installing, then un-installing then re-installing, then installing on a new PC after a reset... I love the service... I have about 6 games bought through Direct2Drive.

It is highly recommended, and may be a requirement, to have broadband.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

GRAW is around 2.7GB's

Comment

One or two games required there own patch for some reason, but the other 4 used the regular patches like SWAT Gold for example.

Hit and miss on that I guess.

It's not a perfect service, but I use and like it.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

As far as which bonus game to get I would get Far-Cry because i chose Prince of Persia and although cool, it's a total button masher.
                    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Here's the link to the current direct2drive patches.

http://direct2drive.com/patches/index.aspx

I bought SWAT4 Gold from direct2drive. I expect I'll need to use the direct2drive patches for it when a patch does come out. Some games apparently need a direct2drive version of the patch and some don't so there's no way to know if GRAW will need a special patch or not.

Comment

What TIME will this DL be available from D2D? I'd purchase it's available at midnite tonite. Otherwise, may as well wait. My retailer will have em on the 3rd.

Comment

Nvm... i just went ahead and bought it, no sense in givin up the deal for PoP or FarCry. I have a feeling it'll be available at midnite anyhow. Just sux because I still only have a 3mb down connection - 1.5GB takes almost an hour and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7
                            Nvm... i just went ahead and bought it, no sense in givin up the deal for PoP or FarCry. I have a feeling it'll be available at midnite anyhow. Just sux because I still only have a 3mb down connection - 1.5GB takes almost an hour and a half.
                            Don't worry 3mb is actually very good lol, i have around five but a i've never seen ANY dl server make use of more than 1.5mb of bandwidth.
                            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

I dl from fileplanet at nearly 4Mb/s

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse