Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you experience this... ? (+comments)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you experience this... ? (+comments)

1. Did the F1-F4 keys do anything for you guys? They simply didn't work for me. Neither in-game nor in the tac-map. F5 and F6 worked.

2. The "Raise Stance/Dive" key didn't dive. I assumed that if I was running, and hit that key, I'd dive for cover. Nope. Nuthin. However, hitting the "Backslide" key did cause a forward slide under those circumstances.

3. The Cross-com window just shows wireframe. It doesn't show "real" view until it's fullscreen. Is this some graphics setting I'm missing, or what? I had expected full video in the little window.

4. I love how you just have to move a guy to a corner and he knows to get up against it and peek around it. (Not that it will matter much in multiplayer.)

5. I really wanted to be able to hit the middle-mouse button to bring up the menu (actually, I rebound it to "T"), and then hit F3 to "Cover" instead of having to carefully mousewheel down a few steps and hit T again.

6. I also wanted to be able to select a guy, (in-game), hold the F1 key for move, and drag my crosshairs to tell him where to cover. (Not that it will matter in multiplayer - oop, actually it would. The player would get that order)

7. On the tac map, I could place a waypoint, but couldn't do anything else with it. Just one. And I couldn't seem to delete it.

8. Tippy-toes??? Really? If you had asked me what are the features I'd most like to see in a game, I'm not sure that would have made the top 100. But we'll see.

9. No anti-vehicle weaponry... in the demo at least. The trailer shows him taking out a tank with some shoulder-fired missile. Comments?

10. Love the pacing. Love the absence of a "Jump" button. (Bunny-tip-toeing, anyone?) Yes, lose the ENEMY diamond HUD indicators. Keep the friendly ones (Hey! This is ADVANCED warfighter. We're moving forward.)
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Re: Did you experience this... ? (+comments)

The F1-F4 keys don't seem to do anything.

The sliding works during a standing run. The dive happens when it's a crouched run.

I think the mini cross-com is supposed to be a wireframe.

Waypoints... I mean the waypoint seems... useless. You delete it by clicking on it again.

You get anti-tank stuff in the retail and a bunch of other things that we saw in the videos. It just happens this mission is all infantry stuff.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
      1. Did the F1-F4 keys do anything for you guys? They simply didn't work for me. Neither in-game nor in the tac-map. F5 and F6 worked.

2. The "Raise Stance/Dive" key didn't dive. I assumed that if I was running, and hit that key, I'd dive for cover. Nope. Nuthin. However, hitting the "Backslide" key did cause a forward slide under those circumstances.

3. The Cross-com window just shows wireframe. It doesn't show "real" view until it's fullscreen. Is this some graphics setting I'm missing, or what? I had expected full video in the little window.

4. I love how you just have to move a guy to a corner and he knows to get up against it and peek around it. (Not that it will matter much in multiplayer.)

5. I really wanted to be able to hit the middle-mouse button to bring up the menu (actually, I rebound it to "T"), and then hit F3 to "Cover" instead of having to carefully mousewheel down a few steps and hit T again.

6. I also wanted to be able to select a guy, (in-game), hold the F1 key for move, and drag my crosshairs to tell him where to cover. (Not that it will matter in multiplayer - oop, actually it would. The player would get that order)

7. On the tac map, I could place a waypoint, but couldn't do anything else with it. Just one. And I couldn't seem to delete it.

8. Tippy-toes??? Really? If you had asked me what are the features I'd most like to see in a game, I'm not sure that would have made the top 100. But we'll see.

9. No anti-vehicle weaponry... in the demo at least. The trailer shows him taking out a tank with some shoulder-fired missile. Comments?

10. Love the pacing. Love the absence of a "Jump" button. (Bunny-tip-toeing, anyone?) Yes, lose the ENEMY diamond HUD indicators. Keep the friendly ones (Hey! This is ADVANCED warfighter. We're moving forward.)
      1. F1-F4 work in the tacmap. Select a ghost (or all) hit the desired F button and watch your cursor change to the appropriate command.

2. Hit the prone button while stand running to Dive. Hit the lower stance button while running to backslide into a crouching position.

3. Your not missing anything. That's just how it is.

5. The cover system actually works well. Select the ghost you want to order, put your cursor in the DIRECTION you want him to cover, middle mouse, scroll down to cover, click. He then moves to YOUR current location and takes up a firing position covering the direction you pointed.

6. Giving the move order actually has a shortcut. Point the crosshairs where you want the ghost to move, and simply DOUBLE TAP the number of the ghost you want to order. That ghost will then move to that position and take up cover. No, you can't be perfectly precise with the direction they are looking after they move, for that you need the tacmap.

7. I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Orders can be daisy chained together. Select a ghost and click anywhere on the map. Now you've set a waypoint and he'll go to that location when executed. Keep clicking your mouse and you'll give more move waypoints. One execute will make him follow the path you've drawn on the tacmap. For some reason if you select all ghosts, you can't give them daisy chained orders, I don't know why, but you can always get rid of the waypoint by clicking the remove button. Try going to tacmap, giving all three separate ghosts daisy chained orders to do what you want, leave tacmap, now click the middle mouse, you'll see an "execute" command. This will make the ghost (or all of them) execute the complex orders you drew up on the map. Also, in tacmap, right clicking at any time issues a "stop" order to the ghost you have selected (or all of them).

8. Tippy toes work very well.

9. There are vehicles. Hint try shooting a grenade launcher at that thing you fly in on. :)

10. We've been playing in hard on coop. The enemy diamonds are almost essential. The game is very unforgiving with no respawns. Combine that with the lack of AA and long distance firefights. Picking enemies out of a screen with HDR wash and jaggies at long distance is very difficult. But hey, turn it off if you want.

Comment

If you wanted the cross-com to show more than just a wireframe of your teammate, you'd better be willing to run the game at half the FPS you currently run it at; it would need to render twice as much crap, then shrink half of that and stick it in the corner.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X