Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiling Mission Replay

I'd like to (re)emphasize this point about cooperative play:

Even though you may have played through a certain map/area before, it doesn't mean other people in your team have. Don't spoil the action for them by giving warnings about impending danger. Handle each run-through as if it were the first time. This is an SOP at Tactical Gamer for the original Ghost Recon, and it should be just as applicable to GRAW.

Also, on a related note, keep in mind that Dead Men Don't Talk.

Re: Spoiling Mission Replay

Wow..this takes me back ;)

Some things never change.

Good reminder Strag! And i'm not even playing MP :)

Comment

I agree, but not always easy... lol... like last night in SWAT and the guy behind the AC, I knew I shouldn't say anything but did... but there random placements, and I was still alive...

Isn't GRAW random locations of bad guys, or are they always in the same spot?
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I've heard conflicting info on this Mag so I guess this comment is totally useless!!! LMAO! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
          I seem to encounter a mixture of both. Some areas seem to have the same one or two tangos in the same places; other areas seem much more randomly populated, both in terms of numbers and locations of tangos.

Comment

I agree, but not always easy... lol... like last night in SWAT and the guy behind the AC, I knew I shouldn't say anything but did... but there random placements, and I was still alive...

On this demo level, one of the first big "obstacles" is a mounted machine gun nest in a square (don't think I'm spoiling anything with this info) -- it's kinda hard for that to change. Each time I've played it, that nest has been manned and I know I have to work around it. The first time I got that far in the level was playing online and someone got mowed down by the machine gun and said something about it -- problem was, I didn't know that the machine gun existsed and didn't know how that guy went down, but I changed my strategy because of that tip.
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

How to say. . .in both SWAT4 and GRAW, there will be large concentrations of bad guys that must be cracked. In GRAW, and I'm speaking only of the demo here because I haven't yet acquired the full version, the large concentrations of bad guys are always in the same place. Their individual spots may vary, but you can always count on encountering several baddies at this location, several baddies at that location, and so on.

Additionally, in GRAW, the lone baddies will always be in the same general area. This means that there are certain areas where you're almost certain not to encounter anyone and then there are areas where you are almost certain to encounter someone. Almost everyone I've played multi with is aware of all the possible locations: once we clear one of the hotspots, everyone relaxes and runs full speed to an area where we know we will encounter a sniper, we clear him, then approach an area where we know there will be a large cluster of baddies, and so on. Additionally, the GRAW demo has at least two explicity scripted and unvaried events. There are also, as have been mentioned, machine gun nests whose locations and facings do not vary.

So, in this respect, I'd say that the GRAW demo has a far less dynamic variation of bad guy locations than SWAT4.
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

There are a handful of baddies that are set to spawn randomly in the demo. Most, if not all of them are "sniper" baddies. They spawn in on a rooftop when you walk into an area. However, they don't always spawn in on the same rooftop, there are 3 or 4 different rooftops that are randomly picked for the sniper to spawn. Other than that, the baddies do seem to just walk around on their own. Meaning you can't ever be sure EXACTLY where they will be, just the general area.

Comment

In the full version, the enemies walking paths seem to change from saved game to saved game and they seem to spawn randomly. I'd have to test this further to be definite, though.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                  |TG-2nd|munchkin
                  Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse