Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading - Give Me An Idea On This GAme

I'm thinking of getting a new system.

3.0 Duel Core with 1 gig of Ram and a 6600 Nvida card...

How well will GRAW play on that system? :)

Re: Upgrading - Give Me An Idea On This GAme

Depends on how much you have to spend and what your going to be doing with it. AMD is better for gaming but with a dual-core intel you should be fine. The 6600 is a low end card and the 6600gt is a low-mid range card (I didn't know which one you meant). For a new system your probably going to want more than 1gig of RAM. GRAW would probably run fine on low-mid settings with that set-up though I think.
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Gig of RAM and a 6600 will probably put you on the low end for this game :( I have 1.5GB and a 6600 with my AMD64 3000+ and have everything down low. I get acceptable framerates, but it's kinda ugly.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

what about a 3.2 duel core and a 512MB ATI Radeon X1900 XTX card? :P

Comment

3.2GHz dual core like an Intel Pentium D 940? Which processor do you have in mind?

The X1900 cards should play the game nicely.. But you're comparing a $100 GeForce 6600 to a $400+ ATI X1900 or X1900XT. Heh, there's no real comparison!
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            3.2GHz dual core like an Intel Pentium D 940? Which processor do you have in mind?

The X1900 cards should play the game nicely.. But you're comparing a $100 GeForce 6600 to a $400+ ATI X1900 or X1900XT. Heh, there's no real comparison!

Hmm..let me see. (looking at Dell site. I know I know. I should build my own again. But I'm lazy and pre-builts are so cheap nowadays)

Processor:
            Pentium® D Processor 940 with Dual Core Technology (3.20GHz, 800FSB)

Comment

Ohh.. Dell. If it's the X1900XTX you're looking at for $600 over the base video card in the XPS systems, then you'd do better installing your own card.. You can get an X1900XTX from Newegg for $500. Use part of the saved money to buy the game ;)

See, the pre-builts are cheap on the lowend (the word processing, AOL machines like grandma uses), but the companies start throwing in lots of profit on the high end "gamer" PCs, so you really will save money building one of those machines yourself.

That 940 should be alright though.
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                Ohh.. Dell. If it's the X1900XTX you're looking at for $600, then you'd do better installing your own card.. You can get an X1900XTX from Newegg for $500. Use part of the saved money to buy the game ;)

See, the pre-builts are cheap on the lowend (the word processing, AOL machines like grandma uses), but the companies start throwing in lots of profit on the high end "gamer" PCs, so you really will save money building one of those machines yourself.

That 940 should be alright though.

Hum, I suppose your right. My problem is with motherboards...I could never get em down. I need one that is compatible with a 3.2 duel core processor (AMD) If I can figure that out...then I guess I might be saving by just doing it myself again....

Comment

Look at some of the recent threads in the hardware/software forum.. There have been some good computer specs listed out recently. Ask some specific questions in those threads if you're confused.

There's not much wrong with Dell if you don't want to build the machine yourself, but just understand you're paying extra for having them build it and slap their name on it. I bought Grandma a Dell towards the end of last year so she could use AOL and type letters ;)
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  | for | |

Comment

Ok. I don't want to be a grandma. I'll build my own.

Comment

LOL! That's the spirit!
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      | for | |

Comment

Mind if I ask you guys a few more questions?

I'm getting this processor:
                        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103546
                        Can't tell if that comes with a cooling unit or not though

What would be a good motherboard for this? I was thinking this one:
                        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138253

Probably gonna have to get a hefty power supply. :) don't think the ol 400 will work anymore :P

for the cooling unit on the processor I was considering this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118119
                        No CLUE if it fits a dual core?

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Destructo
                          Mind if I ask you guys a few more questions?

I'm getting this processor:
                          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103546
                          Can't tell if that comes with a cooling unit or not though

What would be a good motherboard for this? I was thinking this one:
                          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138253

Probably gonna have to get a hefty power supply. :) don't think the ol 400 will work anymore :P

Thats a very nice processor and is listed as "retail" which means it will come with a full warranty and a factory cooler on it already.

The Nforce4 SLI boards are now very mature and stable. I don't know specifically about that manufacturer or revisions, but the boards all seem to be pretty standard these days anyway.

I would recommend doing a 2GB (1g x2)ram dual channel combo for best performance similar to this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227210

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Destructo
                            I'm thinking of getting a new system.

3.0 Duel Core with 1 gig of Ram and a 6600 Nvida card...

How well will GRAW play on that system? :)
                            I know it's a wait but, you should wait/get a vista ready (DX10 ready card so you don't have to upgrade for vista's video specs come December. One gig of RAM is fine and games are going to be optimized for dual cores soon I bet.
                            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Ok...decided to get that ATI card first...then get the other parts later. My current system is a 3.4 AMD with 1 gig of DDR Ram..so it's not HORRIBLE...with the new video card I should be able to at LEAST run GRAW on medium, no shadows, right? :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X