Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install complete! The Ghosts have returned...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install complete! The Ghosts have returned...

Just got done DLing and installing my game, along with updating drivers etc. I will update here with 1st impressions.

Re: Install complete! The Ghosts have returned...

Anyone know if we could play co-op and go through the campaign, I'd prefer it to single player.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

(Confused) What on Earth is this activation asking me for?
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Would be specifically interested in performance...is it better than the demo?

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
          (Confused) What on Earth is this activation asking me for?
          Did you DL or buy the box? If you DLed from D2D then you have to copy and paste the activation key they gave you when you 1st clicked on the download button. If you forgot it, just log back in and copy it down. Then paste it into the activation key box during and after installation. Make sure there's no spaces as it's case-sensitive.

Comment

I'm in, of course I had to create yet ANOTHER Gamespy account... this one is "TG_Gambit". For some dumb reason it wouldnt accept my other one.

So far so good server-wise. You have the ability to create EITHER coop OR domination. There are 8 coop maps from what I can see, pehaps more unlock somehow. Domination seems to be like 4 maps. So far, the servers are nearly non-existant.

If you want a game, jump on TS... otherwise, you MIGHT see a "TacticalGamer" tag on a server, that'll be me - or someone else.

As for performance, it will be tough to say as I've installed new drivers on my system. The driver notes say a 5% gain in performance across the boards. So far though, the release loads up WAY better then the demo.

There is NO map editor btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7
              Did you DL or buy the box? If you DLed from D2D then you have to copy and paste the activation key they gave you when you 1st clicked on the download button. If you forgot it, just log back in and copy it down. Then paste it into the activation key box during and after installation. Make sure there's no spaces as it's case-sensitive.
              Grabbed it from D2D and I'm at install with the Activation Key prompt, but where do we log in to get that key? D2D? Gamespy?

EDIT: To get the key just re-click on 'Download' and you'll see your key. It's not listed anywhere else though.
              Last edited by Beatnik; 05-03-2006, 10:36 PM.
              Beatnik

Comment

^^^^It still not working for me. Is there a special way to type it. I just copyed it from D2D and pasted it on and hit the activate online but nothing.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I didn't have any problems. Just copy and paste... make sure there are no spaces.

Comment

Yeah it idiotically copies a space at the end of the code over so it works the first time but not the second. Gambit and I both had similar problems getting through the whole install, setup, and new registration for Gamespy. What a pain in the arse - it took me about an hour to get it all straightened out, when it should have taken less than 5 minutes.
                    Beatnik

Comment

Can someone comment on the multiplayer login? Is it a screen within the game, with no extra software required? Those of you with the original Ghost Recon, is it similar to that? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                        Can someone comment on the multiplayer login? Is it a screen within the game, with no extra software required? Those of you with the original Ghost Recon, is it similar to that? Thanks.
                        You have to login to gamespy when you click 'multiplayer'. There is no extra software required.

It is actually done better than BF2. Instead of having to 'login' as soon as the game loads, you don't have to login unless you try to play multiplayer. At which point it won't show any servers until you login (and it authenticates your cd-key). I was finally able to figure it out and hit "auto-login" so hopefully I won't have to touch the login screen again.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                          The original Ghost Recon has its entire multiplayer section within the game. Once you choose "Multiplayer" from the main menu, you're taken to a built-in server browser, where you can choose either LAN or Internet games.

I'm not sure what you mean by "multiplayer login" with GRAW, unless you're referring to this.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack
                            You have to login to gamespy when you click 'multiplayer'. There is no extra software required.

It is actually done better than BF2. Instead of having to 'login' as soon as the game loads, you don't have to login unless you try to play multiplayer. At which point it won't show any servers until you login (and it authenticates your cd-key). I was finally able to figure it out and hit "auto-login" so hopefully I won't have to touch the login screen again.

Thanks.

Strag, this was the exact answer I was looking for.... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                              Thanks.

Strag, this was the exact answer I was looking for.... ;)
                              Actually I sort of lied. It's not when you hit multiplayer, it's when you hit internet game. You can actually play lan games without logging into gamespy or authenticating your cd key.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X