Installation tips for GRAW - You'll need to read this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation tips for GRAW - You'll need to read this

Ok so between D2D, activation keys, Gamespy and whatever else the installation process for GRAW has been...less than streamlined. This thread is for putting up your tips to make finally getting online as easy as possible.

A few tips:
    - For D2D, to get your activation key, just go back to the site and hit 'Download' again. There you'll find your key. Copy it to paste into the activation key prompt when installing.

- To enter the serial number in game (yes, a second time) paste it again. It seems that a space gets copied over on the end of the number, and it will initially reject it. Just delete the space at the end if it rejects your serial number. Reading this step would have saved me about 20 minutes of searching for some other serial number before realizing what happened.

- You'll most likely have to create a new gamespy account. Pipes (|TG|) don't work. Underscores do. A common error is 'Your e-mail address cannot be more than 30 characters long'. For some reason, you have to literally 'Tab' out of each field (esp. the e-mail field) before clicking submit.

That should get you through install and able to play online quickly. Please post any other tips or hurdles to a quick install in this thread.
    Beatnik

Re: Installation tips for GRAW - You'll need to read this

Took the words right outta my mouth.
    Main thing is the usual damned Gamespy garbage. Same thing happened with BF2. Had to create a whole new account to get it to work.

This definitely has to be fixed as I'm CERTAIN it's keeping a lot of people offline, 'specially judging by the people in-game.

Me and Beatnik literally had the FIRST COOP game in GRAW PC history (since release). Or it sure seemed that way. You could count the people playing easily and most were in domination. I bet most people are having problems and flooding Gamespy and Ubi with support issues.

All in all though, I was impressed with the smoothness of the 4 people coop games. Granted, I was runnin a server on a 6mb/512k connection so it shouldnt be a problem. we DID have an initial sync issue with people behind routers but it cleared up.

Remember, you cant host if you're behind any kind of firewall. Research your ports and open them as necessary. Helps sometimes also even if you're not hosting. Some games are picky like that. Me, when I'm hosting I pretty much open ports from 2301 to 65001 - both TCP and UDP... same as BF2. Just close em when you're done.

Comment

I found the port in the server .xml file. It's 15250 so forwarding that port should clear up that issue without leaving you wide open. We'll see tomorrow night if people can see a server I host.

Also, I've crashed about 4 out of the 6 times I've tried to connect to MP servers. Each one produced an error log saying something about 'Application Crash' with a version number.

Another apparent flaw is having to hit 'join' repeatedly to join a game.

But yeah GGs tonight dude. This is going to be a fun game. :)
      Beatnik

Comment

Not to steal your thunder or anything but I had a coop server up before you ;)

There was a total of 6 servers when I finally hacked into the multiplayer server screen. And by hacked I mean figured out how gamespy's awesome player registration system worked.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack
          Not to steal your thunder or anything but I had a coop server up before you ;)

There was a total of 6 servers when I finally hacked into the multiplayer server screen. And by hacked I mean figured out how gamespy's awesome player registration system worked.
          Bah! so we were 2nd... lol Goes to show you further how 3 people from the same guild can have the 1st and 2nd servers up - they better get these SADS goin and fix these reg. errors quick.

Anyways, Beatnik, that ONE port you found is probably just the one for the game... and doesnt include the standard GAMESPY ports. Those you can find on the gamespy arcade/arena website. Unless they made some changes, usually you have to open up the ones for the game AS WELL as the gamespy ones. Hence the reason why a lotta people just DMZ. As they are numerous, and many routers only give "x" amount of spaces for port forwards. Rather then eating up all the spaces and having to enable/disable them all one by one to me it's just better to kill them all in one range, or DMZ... but, alas, I cant figure out how to use DMZ so I just open those up.

Comment

So for me to host I need to make sure my router is all set with the right holes.

What about the install for the boxed game and weird stuff there?
            "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

Ah crap. Ok I'll see if I can research it a bit more and find a better solution.
              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X