Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beating the game tonight, who's with me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating the game tonight, who's with me?

Just kidding.

But anyway, I got the game installed, setup, and played a bit with cadian on the first level last night.

As I posted in the other thread (the one where I ruined the game for everyone because I post spoilers late at night when i don't think so gud) this game is hard. The demo was easier to run through because it was shorter and we all memorized everything. As the SL, I found that it became much more important for me to just sit back and command with the tac map. Also, I had to babysit the bots to make sure they were helping out. By the way, the bots do really well if you babysit them. I think Allen saved Cadian and I about 6 times. He's pretty much the man. But I digress, I think it would be fun to start working through the game together. I also think it would be a tad easier with 3 non NPC teammates (no offense Allen).

I plan on starting on the first level tonight around 7:30pm EST. The first level is actually the demo map, but it doesn't end at the tanker. The multiplayer coop is the same as the single player campaign, so it would be fun to experience the game with real people instead of running through it with bots first.

There is actually a 'training' level that is pretty cool, and not available as a coop map (you'll see why). I suggest you run through that before 7:30.

This is a signup thread. Please post your interest here.

Re: Beating the game tonight, who's with me?

My interest.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I will be there.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I'll be up for a few hours of urban exploration. :)
        Beatnik

Comment

I just picked up the DVD version at EBgames. Installing. I have been stuck in Chicago on business for 4 1/2 weeks, but i'll finally get home on saturday. I tried playing a bit on the hotel's wireless, but it is inconsistent, to say the least. I look forward to a lot of Co-op action once i'm back at home on my connection. See you then!

Comment

I may swing by and pick this up this afternoon. If so I will be on and ready to rock tonight.

Looks like we may have enough for two groups. Who can host? I don't know if my PC can handle the load well but will give it a try. Are there changes to my Firewall needed to play the full version or is it same as the Demo with Hamachi?
            "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

Originally posted by Redleg75
              I may swing by and pick this up this afternoon. If so I will be on and ready to rock tonight.

Looks like we may have enough for two groups. Who can host? I don't know if my PC can handle the load well but will give it a try. Are there changes to my Firewall needed to play the full version or is it same as the Demo with Hamachi?
              Check this thread, Red. Port 15250 is apparantly the server port. Also, I highly suggest reading through the rest of the 'install notes' as the installation is less than intuitive.
              Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
                Check this thread, Red. Port 15250 is apparantly the server port. Also, I highly suggest reading through the rest of the 'install notes' as the installation is less than intuitive.
                I read through your install post, so the tricky part is "Gamespud" not the game install?
                "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

Yeah it should be a LOT easier if you're purchasing a hard copy of the game instead of DLing it. That just added a few extra kinks in the whole process. ;)
                  Beatnik

Comment

None of the retailers in the area have the title, so looks like I'm missing out tonight. :(
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Well there's one frappuccino left and I am willing to go forever cause TGIWF (thank god it will be friday), just gonna finish homework and ill join the mayhem :).

PS- I just got onto a random coop server in a normal time frame so I think i'm all set as far as getting online coop to work.
                      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. I'm in

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Are you really going to beat it tonight, Bhack?
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                            Are you really going to beat it tonight, Bhack?
                            Not quite hardcore enough for that. Cadian and I managed to complete the first level together though. Then Strikeman, cadian, IRS_agent, and I got well into the second. However, I found out having the mission depend on IRS_agent's life was a recipe for disaster!

;) jk

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
                              None of the retailers in the area have the title, so looks like I'm missing out tonight. :(
                              Aye, your not the only one :(
                              Perhaps a time should be set on the date when everyone will have the game? Then again, the game only holds 4 people (am I wrong?) so I suppose there would be quite the line-up to be part of a team that wants to go through the main campaign.

Well... either way, I won't be playing with you fella's until the 11th or 12th
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X