Domination Tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination Tonight

Bonehead hosted a Domination server, then generously left the server up after retiring for the evening. The server was full for quite some time, providing us several choice rounds. Amongst myself, Fuzzy, IRS Agent, Blackmain, Strikeman, Custom, and others, we were able to deploy some actual tactics - despite all being new to the entire Domination concept.

Personally, I was impressed with the defensive nature of Domination; run-n-gun tactics were nearly nonexistant insofar as I could see. Teamplay is facilitated by the ability to spawn on the squad leader - an ability only available once sufficient points have been accrued. Awareness of one's teammates is facilitated by the blue diamonds, and we seemed to have some success sticking together once we became comfortable with the general scheme of things.

I look forward to the SOP, and to getting a TacticalGamer.com server up again.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Re: Domination Tonight

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
    Bonehead hosted a Domination server, then generously left the server up after retiring for the evening. The server was full for quite some time, providing us several choice rounds. Amongst myself, Fuzzy, IRS Agent, Blackmain, Strikeman, Custom, and others, we were able to deploy some actual tactics - despite all being new to the entire Domination concept.

Personally, I was impressed with the defensive nature of Domination; run-n-gun tactics were nearly nonexistant insofar as I could see. Teamplay is facilitated by the ability to spawn on the squad leader - an ability only available once sufficient points have been accrued. Awareness of one's teammates is facilitated by the blue diamonds, and we seemed to have some success sticking together once we became comfortable with the general scheme of things.

I look forward to the SOP, and to getting a TacticalGamer.com server up again.

One thing I love about Domination is that it kind of feels like a vehicleless BF2. And just like BF2, tactics are heavily required to win a match...you can't just run n'gun Unreal style. To take and hold a point you really need to work together.

It's a blast.

Comment

The pings went up to the 300 range for most people shortly after you left, not sure what that was about. It may have coincided with the server filling up, but I wasn't keeping an eye on it. Gameplay didn't seem to suffer much from the lag, though.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Yeah, I didn't see anyone under a 200 ping....I was around 290 and I kept getting kicked withing 15 seconds of playing. Gave up after about 5 kicks. Where is the server at?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
          Brazoria Texas, and it's running on a 4 meg pipe hooked up to my PC lol.
          You have 4MB up and down? damn, what does that cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
            Wow, that's impressive network code on the game!
            My thoughts as well.

@ JMJ: I'm not sure what's causing that. I was kicked from a few different servers when I first began playing last night, then it finally permitted me to stay and I had no problems for the next couple of hours. Perhaps it has to do with Gamespy's account verfication.

Comment

Are there many servers (including ones outside TG) supporting multiplayer domination mode at this time? The only reason I'm asking is because domination would be the main reason for me to buy this game, as I'm not interested in single player or coop. Plus, domination seems pretty cool the way it works. I heard that Ubi hasn't provided dedicated server support yet, and if that's the case, then that means there's probably not too many servers.
              |TG-33rd|Gunrack

[squadl][defense][assault][unit]
              [at][tg-c1]

Comment

The code is available for a dedicated server that plays domination. The code is not provided for co-op dedicated server. Hope that helps.

Comment

Just a thought, but should we add a "Domination" channel to the GRAW TS? Right now its hard to tell if a group of people are playing coop or domination. I hate to go in and ask cuz i might mess things up for them if they are playing coop.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
                    Just a thought, but should we add a "Domination" channel to the GRAW TS? Right now its hard to tell if a group of people are playing coop or domination. I hate to go in and ask cuz i might mess things up for them if they are playing coop.
                    Done.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X