Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhysX card? No thanks.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2751&p=1

Sure doesn't look like it's worth it if you ask me!

Re: PhysX card? No thanks.

Not much of a suprise. I'll take higher frame rates and a free PCI-X slot over lower frame rates and more crap that doesn't have any bearing on the game flying around my screen any day.

Comment

I am on the opposite end of this. For me, the more eye candy the better. Did you not see any of the video of the same scene with, and without the Phyx card? As for "more crap flying around" this has to do with immersion, and games looking better, and better. If its not your thing so be it, but for real 'enthusiast' like myself this is great. It seems to me Tycho, that you go around knocking anything that your rig can't handle. There are people out there that really enjoy where all this new technology is bringing us.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

It's early days for physics cards. Wait a year or two and I think you'l lsee some great stuff. True lighting - shadows, propers physics for ragdoll effects, proper bullet physics, interaction with the environment - all objects will have a place in the game. Physics cards could well bridge the gap into a real, active 3d world. the drop in FR is probably due to the G/cards of today having to render those extra bits. Wait until the G/cards start working with the physics cards and we'll start seeing the next level of immersion in a game
        Jex.

Comment

There is a rumor that MS might be working on DirectPhysics for lack of a better word.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
            http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2751&p=1

Sure doesn't look like it's worth it if you ask me!
            300$ ?

Dunno. Seems that spending 300$ more on your processor would be a wiser choice.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X