Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connection

Ministry here,
    I just got my pre order of GRAW and been trying to get aquainted w/ it; but having trouble with my connection on a server. I would be playing a game or two or three then it freezes then an error comes out saying lost connection. I really have no problems playing BF2. So is this problem from my end or the server?

Ministry

Re: connection

The MP is EXTREMELY buggy. It was obviously just tacked on for the PC version with little or no development. You will BSD, CTD, Disconnect etc until they get the game bug fixed.

As for disconnecting from servers I get this regularly as to other TGer's on the Wolfpack servers. On others you will sometimes get stuck in a "spectator" mode on map change or on a black screen. Best bet in any case is to disconnect/abort and try another server.

Comment

Re: connection

make sure when you're selecting your connection speed that you note that its asking for your UPLOAD speed, not your download speed. I didn't read this properly at first and plonked in 1.5mbit and got a lot of these disconnection problems. Then I went back and checked everything and lo-and-behold I'm actually uploading at 256k. Changed and now the only disconnections I get are when a round ends or the server resets ..most of the time :P

also note I believe that the longer you play Domination the laggier its going to get due to a couple of issues.

a) a possible memory leak in the program
      b) the fact that so many elements are destructible, littering the battlefield with more polygons than you could poke a stick at
      c) the dead bodies seem to pile up quite significantly before dissappearing, especially in the maps that run for 30mins - 1hr.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X