No announcement yet.

GameSpot review of GRAW for PC...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameSpot review of GRAW for PC...

I thought this was funny as hell... now I'm not a big fan of GameSpot's reviews... there IMO out of touch with gamers and have there hands in the pockets of developers and publishers... hence the "exclusives"...

GameSpot has reviews GRAW, I let you see it for yourself, but compared to the recent review of LockDown... according to GameSpot Lockdown is the better game, lol...

Now I'm loving the game... playing about 4 to 6 hours a day right now... but man am I getting pissed about the save features and the team AI... so many times I work 30 to 60 minutes on a goal only to be killed near the end, sometimes my fault but most of the time because the AI can't see a enemy or the location there suppose to cover...

and have you ever seen the sniper go prone and lay waste? I ordered him on a nice hill top, he doesn't do anything... then once the firing starts he's standing and sniping, lol...

I order the machine gunner to suppress fire behind a car or at a corner, he stands in the middle like Rambo laying fire till he goes down...

Like i said before, not as bad as Lockdown, but still terrible and questionable AI... IMO.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: GameSpot review of GRAW for PC...

Hey, my Radeon 9600 does fine. I just think they're spoiled.

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
      Hey, my Radeon 9600 does fine. I just think they're spoiled.
      I'd have to agree with you, my x800XL radeon, 2.4GHz P4 and 2100 1gb RAM runs this game better than most I own now :/ I've only gotten one instance where my game stuttered a bit and that was during the end of the second campaign mission. Game looks good with the forced medium textures too :D I just can't seem to turn on AA, which can be a pain with iron sights, peaking around a corner.

Also, that AI is pretty silly in some cases as Magnum50 mentioned. They like to sit in the middle of streets while under fire and dive (or shoot back). Had a few moments where they got stuck between one another, or some objects... which made their orders useless.... I'm trying to get into the habit of watching the tactical map to make sure they get the execute command, making my quick keys (f6 for execute orders) useless. :(

Other than that, I'm loving the campaign. Spent about an hour and a half last night doing the third mission... got myself into one helluva pickle but eventually made it out without a casuality ;) All in all, I'm loving it. Just wish the AI was a bit more, but they do the job well enough as is.

The team AI is annoying but not as bad as Lockdown.

I am abandoning SP mode though. COOP all the way for me. I can't stand how useless the friendly AI is.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

I think the review hit it on the money.
          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

#83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed