Server testing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server testing.

I have a GRAW server running right now and I would love it if someone can browse the server list for the "TacticalGamer.com - Advanced Warfighter" server and see if they can connect to it. It's running off a machine at my house, but I want to test the configuration before I start uploading content to a production server.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Server testing.

Think I'll try and hop on now :D

Report back in a few minutes with my findings

Edited in-
    I couldn't find your server
    -

Comment

Im not seeing it either. The multiplayer in GRAW is so buggy its almost not worth it. Most of the time you wont even be able to get in game before getting disconnected, and if you actually do get in the game you will probably crash within 5 minutes. The crashing doesnt happen in single player so it must be something with the MP.

Id say the chance of success for either joining or creating a server is 1/20, at best. This is sub beta level MP. I mean, bf2 had a terrible multiplayer interface, but at least it was functional and you could join a game. In GRAW its hit or miss with joining, and generally its a miss.

Comment

Our experience last night notwithstanding (taking almost an hour to get all 4 people in game) I've had better luck than Santa connecting. But yes, the MP implementation is quite buggy... especially with silly things like having to 'Enter' or 'Tab' out of EVERY field. Then there are the random crashes, people getting stuck in the black screen of death, and Domination bugs. I'm not sure if that's due to limited up bandwidth on our 'servers' or what.

Back on topic, I'll see if I can see your server now Apophis.

EDIT: No sighting as of 7:07 pm CDT.

One thing to check (and this is a stupid thing, but has affected about 40% of the games we've played so far) is to make sure to 'Tab' or 'Enter' out of the Server Name field, or else it will just be listed as a generic GRAW server.
        Beatnik

Comment

Humm, I think I'm gonna ease off buying this one for now and let it marinate.

All I want from it is the Coop with you fellas, sounds like all I'll get for now is single player.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

I only had it up for about 6 hours. I did get 9 people at one point playing on it.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

All it takes to get a game going is a good server. I found a server that runs very fast, and i disconnect and crash MUCH less frequently. If you have another computer laying around that can host a TG server, i wouldnt be surprised if its just as good as the server im playing on now. If you keep a server on, id advise that you cap the population limit at somewhere from 16-20, because from what i can tell it really starts to lag even more if there are over 20 players on a server.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                Apophis, we tried it overnight and it seemed to do fine until it crashed LOL
                I'm on a for meg pipe and standard "server" settings, it was pretty full all night long and very playable. Went to bed left it running at it seemed to have crashed overnight, so reliability of the ingame "server" might be questionable for long term hosting.
                Could be a coincidence, but i left the game running twice for about 5 minutes each time, and when i came back i had apparently crashed to desktop. I think the servers might just kick you for inactivity.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X