Patch Is Buggy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Is Buggy

We played on a few severs today only to find that the patch is real buggy. Have found that almost all domination servers have reverted back to vanilla. Trying to get CO-OP working was a pain. Ends up in the black screen of death. Bommando, Bonehead and a couple of us have nothing but issues with the patch trying to get CO-OP games going.

Reverting back makes the issues with CO-OP as it was, playable. No hosting issues.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: Patch Is Buggy

I'd like to add that every single one of the top notch Domination servers has reverted back to 1.02.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

So would it be advised to just reinstall the game and NOT install the patch if we want to join up for some CO-OP?
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
        I am getting very impatient with this game.
        LOL Give it a few more days dude. It's quite the frustrating user experience.

So everyone's rolling back their game? I shudder to ask this, but how exactly would a downloaded version of the game be rolled back? If I have to re-dl this game to play with everyone I'm going to blow a gasket.
        Beatnik

Comment

Some people have reported problems using the retail patch and have had better luck with the "download" version patch. You could always try applying the other available patch and seeing what that does.

Needless to say, it's not like UBI and GRIN didn't already drop the ball with this title.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

NOOO! I just got the game installed and working, and now I need to un-patch it to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
              Some people have reported problems using the retail patch and have had better luck with the "download" version patch. You could always try applying the other available patch and seeing what that does.

Needless to say, it's not like UBI and GRIN didn't already drop the ball with this title.
              Actually, thats where I messed up earlier. I had downloaded the patch made for the downloaded version. I run the retail version. End result was the game just wouldn't even start up, so please, DON'T try that!:row__687:

But, despite the bugs with the gameplay... I enjoy the game. I hope they can work on and make it that much better.
              -

Comment

We played coop last night on the new patch without incident...?

Comment

I agree with bonehead, we had some nasty pings
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper
                    Actually, thats where I messed up earlier. I had downloaded the patch made for the downloaded version. I run the retail version. End result was the game just wouldn't even start up, so please, DON'T try that!:row__687:

But, despite the bugs with the gameplay... I enjoy the game. I hope they can work on and make it that much better.
                    I agree with Clod on this one. I made the mistake of installing the DL patch and had to do a reinstall.

Comment

If the patch didnt' have problems, I wouldn't think that all of the good Domination servers would still be at 1.02. Given how prone to crashing these servers are, and therefore how closely they must be watched over, I doubt that the patch has simply been overlooked or forgotten about at all of them.
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Well I'm glad there's consensus. I guess the only true test will be hopping on with a few of you and giving it a try.

Really, I should be compensated for being a beta tester of this title...
                        Beatnik

Comment

I am game. I'll hold my revert till later. Even after Bonehead left and other people joined we had issues. Everyone of us tried to host with the same results. So it was across the board. with us.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba
                            I agree with Clod on this one. I made the mistake of installing the DL patch and had to do a reinstall.
                            heh your lucky, you don't have 4 cd's to switch in and out:row__679:

As for the patch being buggy, I guess it's just a wait'n'see? I thought it was a problem with the pings (albiet I only played with you guys a short time this morning, that being my only time with the patch), running around with a 250+ ping online always messes with me. But I wouldn't doubt it being the patch, as it's almost always a common sight to see a patch break more than it fixes.
                            -

Comment

*Double post*
                              my bad, sorry guys
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement