X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum's GRAW Review

Check it out here:
    http://www.simhq.com/_land2/land_043a.html

Well written, detailed and an enjoyable read. Good job!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: Magnum's GRAW Review

I was just wondering if I should get this too. I am glad I read this before plopping down some cash.
    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I love the game, myself... Have had 2 crashes, both during multiplayer and both happened to atleast one other person at the same time. and with this quick patch response, I've got high hopes for the near future.

I'd say the game is worth getting, I love it :D
      -

Comment

Thx for the link.

I just played halfway through the demo and I'm loving it, I may just get it.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

ah, thx for sharing Munchkin, lol, I didn't post it here at TG because our own TYBALT
          is doing a review of the game for TG, and I didn't want to steal his thunder... but hope you like it anyway.

BTW You get the SWAT game yet?
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

A question for those that have the full game:

Should I expect the full game to be more demanding on my system than the demo? I'm blown away by how smooth the demo is running, considering how everyone has said how hardcore the system demands are.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
            1GB PC3200 (512x2)
            GeForce 6600GT 128mb
            SB Audigy 2

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
              A question for those that have the full game:

Should I expect the full game to be more demanding on my system than the demo? I'm blown away by how smooth the demo is running, considering how everyone has said how hardcore the system demands are.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
              1GB PC3200 (512x2)
              GeForce 6600GT 128mb
              SB Audigy 2
              I have similar specs, and the demo was unplayable, but the game itself is tolerable.

Comment

If im not mistaken Friedfish has that same set up and he too couldnt play it.

Great write up magnum!
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Weird, I haven't had a single stutter. All settings on low pretty much, no dynamic light or shadows either.

Comment

EVO, do you get smooth play even during the larger firefights in the demo? I can get smooth play while walking around or engaging 1 or 2 troops. However as soon as I engage 3 or more, the frame rate drops and mouse response feels laggy.

Comment

We engaged like a half dozen or more guys in that plaza and I didn't notice any hiccups. I was off on the left flank picking people off, so maybe its because I wasn't right in the middle of the firefight, but everything seems alright so far. I'm going to play some more right now.

Comment

i have almost identical specs except my processor is a 3000+ 64bit version. The demo worked fine for me and the retail version of the game perhaps a bit more smooth now that there's been a couple of patches. MP is not a lot more smooth with v1.10 and connecting to servers is a bit more consistent.

Comment

Nice article Magnum. Well written without spoiling the game for those not through it.

I was very interested in the DVD movie on the making of the game. It gave awareness that the developer really did put some effort into this game. I was quite impressed actually.

I've read a ton about this game and followed a lot of forums and frankly am pleased and with the recent announcements of future patches and additional game modes and such, really can't complain.

I can't imagine being able to make really any game that just out of the box makes the majority of people happy. With all the different machine specs out there and the differences in broadband, etc, it sometimes amazes me that this stuff works at all.

I'd really like to know sometime how many UBI/GR bashers out there really take care of their hardware and if the problems are really sloppy systems. All the installs of crap on systems, the uninstalls, spyware, FUBAR'd registrys, fragmented HD's, non updated drivers or drivers updated over drivers over drivers over drivers etc.

I know that todays games sometimes get pushed by publishers into the market before they are ready, but I really also wonder how many people really have a clean smooth running well maintained system to begin with and if they did, how many stability issues could be eliminated before they ever happen. Seems many people want to just blame the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X