GRAW patch and future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW patch and future

My crystal ball (the internet) tells me there is a patch dropping in a day or 3. I am wondering what the future of GRAW is at TG here. I have cold turkied msyelf from the BF2 shennanigans and am loving the less frustrating and more rewarding gameplay of GRAW.

My question is, where are we going from here? GRAW support at TG is composed of what seems to be the same 4 or 5 guys. This low number seems to inhibit us all connecting and wanting to play at the same time. I'm hoping this patch, and the following patch bring up the numbers!

What I hope for the future of GRAW at TG:
    1. Who's going to hop into this map editor and start creating some NEW, TACTICAL maps? This is step #1. I've beaten the game and got used to all the stock maps and need something new, stat!

2. I have also gotten over the learning curve of the game and now desire more realistic, more difficult play. We need some modders to crack into the code and start making this happen. I've pretty much stopped using the overhead tactical map, as I think it removes some of the realism and fun. After this patch I will probably get a clean hud mod that removes the diamonds, etc. One thing that doesn't seem to enthrall me though is putting the game on 'hard'. I'm more interested in more opponents, or at least larger groups of opponents. Hard mode doesn't do this, it just lowers the number of hits you can take and seems to raise the opponents accuracy a bit. I understand a good tactical game means you strike first and shouldn't be getting shot at much. BUT, there are times in the game where you are defending a position and get forced into a firefight (where the enemies know you are there). In these situations I think setting it on HARD can just prematurely end the game. You WILL get hit.

I think the amount of damage you can take is actually pretty good on normal. You can still die in 1 shot at full health if you get hit in the wrong area (as I found out last night).

I think we should put together a list of some of the mods that are already available and create a 'TG package' that we all use and play with. Oh and more people at TG need to get into this game.

The end.

Re: GRAW patch and future

I don't believe anything official, till they release the server tools. Can't do anything without a server.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Agreed, we need new content and more support from the community. I idle the GRAW channel in TS pretty much every evening when I get home from work, and last night was the first time in about 2 weeks I've seen anyone join me (thanks, BHack... good times).

I'm not saying people should be beholden to play GRAW, but it doesn't hurt to check TS now and again if you have some free time and feel like playing a mission or two.

BTW, I wonder if it's possible to stop you from seeing enemies on the tac map. I have the clean HUD mod, but it still highlites baddies with a pink diamond on the tac map for some reason.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I too am waiting for the patch. Trying to get people on at the same time is a hit and miss.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

ORGANIZATION SOP:

If you are willing to play GRAW, just HOP in the TS server and idle. This is what I have been doing for weeks now. I'll often sit entire nights there, but every now and then I'll hear a voice from nowhere startling me into the realization that someone wants to play GRAW.

What I do sometimes, is just get in the channel and then turn my speakers up and go to another part of the house/watch TV/etc. This often scares the **** out of my roomates but works great!

Comment

Originally posted by BHack
            So I finally got rid of that four eyed chick.
            Er, I think I liked her a little more than lingere gamer man.
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
              Er, I think I liked her a little more than lingere gamer man.
              Ya...bhack...me too...that's just wrong.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Sigh, I just can't win with you guys.

"Waa, she makes me dizzy!"

"Waa, thats just wrong!"

Comment

Are we still not interested in Domination mode? That's really the only aspect of this game which interests me anymore...I don't like shooting robots that much (excpet for SWAT4!).
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I would be all over GRAW if we had dedicated servers. We're watching it VERY closely though. I think you will see it explode here at TG once we have the capacity to run 24x7 Co-Op servers and have a map editor to start designing custom missions. I spent a lot of time building original GR missions, and I can't wait to do the same with GRAW.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I think GRAW would of been more successful if the updated PC version was released the same time the XBOX 360 version was released. I know the port of the 360 to the PC version was bad, but they should of released a beta version to be tested, so both the PC version and XBOX 360 versions were not identical and should of been released at the same time.
                      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000
                        I think GRAW would of been more successful if the updated PC version was released the same time the XBOX 360 version was released. I know the port of the 360 to the PC version was bad, but they should of released a beta version to be tested, so both the PC version and XBOX 360 versions were not identical and should of been released at the same time.
                        Unfortunately, the PC version is not a 360 port. It involved a separate dev team. GRIN never touched the 360 version. There are a couple of reasons the PC version was delayed: It would eat into the 360 sales. It wasn't ready.

I suspect both reasons are true.

Any aspects of the PC version that are bad or lacking should not be blamed on a poor port. That's giving the devs too much credit. If something is poorly done, there's no excuse except poor design and planning.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

You raise some good points. I for one was very excited for the release of this title. Truth be told, I have maybe 4 hours in the game. Without the server binaries, I have not really found it worth while to jump in a game. I am hoping that when they are released, we may see some more folks willing to have a look at the game.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                            Unfortunately, the PC version is not a 360 port. It involved a separate dev team. GRIN never touched the 360 version. There are a couple of reasons the PC version was delayed: It would eat into the 360 sales. It wasn't ready.

I suspect both reasons are true.

Any aspects of the PC version that are bad or lacking should not be blamed on a poor port. That's giving the devs too much credit. If something is poorly done, there's no excuse except poor design and planning.
                            I don't see how it would eat into 360 sales, since every game being launched for the PC and the 360, the 360 has flat out out sold more copies than the PC version being launched at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                              I'll stick with PC gaming, you young guns can keep the consoles LOL
                              lol, I just play both.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...