Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 final GRAW MP pack? (beta testers wanted)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 final GRAW MP pack? (beta testers wanted)

Read this over at Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and all other Ghost Recon News, do I understand that this is the final "update" for GRAW... did I read it right that old style GR co-op will be brought to GRAW... did I not read anything about the dedicated server tools?

You be the judge, and give your feedback, opinion, and understanding of the post...

GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER
    BETA MP PACK 3 REGISTRATION
    2006, August 18th

GRAW Fans,

Over the last two months we delivered two free and exclusive multiplayer packs for GRAW PC that included Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Hamburger Hill modes. In the UBISOFT tradition of taking the game experience even further, we are happy to offer one final multiplayer pack for the Ghost Recon community.

We would like to give you the opportunity to be part of our beta test expected to start end of August. On that occasion and during one week you will have the opportunity to be the first ones to test the new and most awaited Siege mode, take part to the Original GR coop. mode and use the all new console admin tools. Last but not least, your feedbacks and comments will help us finalize the MP pack 3 and will ensure that the GRAW multiplayer experience is taken one step further.

As a beta tester, we expect you to both judge GRAW MP PACK 3 technically as well as qualitatively and to explore all modes and features. Be the ones that show the most interest and dedication to this beta-test and win exclusive GR goodies.

To register, you must fill in this questionnaire: GRAW MP Pack 3 Beta Registration Page
    Selected testers will be contacted with full instructions prior to the launch of the beta.

See you on the battlefield.

- The GR Team -
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 1 final GRAW MP pack? (beta testers wanted)

Signed up. Now the wait.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I get the impression it will include OGR coop but not DS?
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

use the all new console admin tools
        That sounds like a dedicated server... I think. This has been what we've been asking for, right? We wanted the ability to host the game without the requirement for a game supported graphics card (ie. console).

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If we don't get user created coop map ability, I'm pretty sure this game is done for me.

Comment

agreed BHack... like i said, and if this is the final update we will all know soon enough...

1. Dedicated server software

2. Increased co-op from 4 to 8, preferably 12 (squad size)

3. and co-op map editor (as you stated)...

Get those three, and preferably the ability for the game to continue after the leaders death... then GRAW may, just may...because a classic like the orginal...

don't and it will be dead by years end.

I do wonder if they are planning on add-ons, heck... GR got 2 official add-ons. ;)
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

In this day and age, it's tough to imagine a company not thinking about pay-for addons.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

What's the gameplay difference between a dedicated server with a video card and a dedicated server w/o video card?
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                  What's the gameplay difference between a dedicated server with a video card and a dedicated server w/o video card?
                  You can't purcahse rack servers with video cards. Meaning you actually have to have an almost full PC to host a dedicated server. It generally means your trying to host off of someone's personal PC, instead of a machine dedicated and designed for acting as a peer to peer server. Generally laggier, less reliable games.

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
                    You can't purcahse rack servers with video cards.
                    I don't know about purchasing, but you can lease them. There are several servers which feature extremely reliable and lag-free play, at least for myself and everyone else I've conversed with. Patches have introduced and removed various bugs and instabilities, but there's no reason to believe that requiring a modest GPU in each server is the cause.

I have never heard an even relatively convincing reason why a computer with a GPU is insufficient to act as a GRAW server. I have never heard of a reason why permitting a server to remove it's GPU will make my experience as a GRAW player more enjoyable. If it all comes down to lag and reliability, I'd say that the existing GRAW servers work quite well.
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

anyone able to get into this beta testing...i signed up but havent heard anything
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

I got my copy yesterday. That is how we found out about the server and such. Played for over an hour and had a great time. This is going to be awesome for TG.

Comment

Just signed up. Time to wait and see if i get in.
                          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                          #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

The testing ends in 3 days.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...