GRAW OGR beta video...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW OGR beta video...

Well as I waited for someone, anyone, to show up on our own TG GRAW OGR beta server, (and no one did, you bastards, jk ;)), I ran the three maps, three games per round each... 9 attempts while I recorded the action alone...

I did alot better today lone wolfing it on our hardcore server, then I did yesterday... I guess practice does pay... I still died quickly, very quickly... this game is damn right insane on hardcore level... anyway, here's the 8 minute video... recommend you right click and save as for stutter free watching, but whatever.

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/GRA...20to%20die.wmv

You'll notice I got a few kills this time, being alone I also played a little...ya I know I should only do 3 round burst with the "saw", but what fun is that? lol

You'll also notice that damn prone bug hasn't been fixed yet either... where you go prone on a nice "hull down" position and can't bring the sights down to engage.

You'll also notice that when I was attempting to slide into a prone position of cover, i slide to far...right into the enemies sights, lol, still trying to get the timing right.

You'll also noticed I pulled my weapon a few times, got a brand new RAZOR mouse, and it's response is so much faster then my old mouse, it kept throwing me off.

and finally, theres no editing to this video, didn't have time to make it a little professional looking...only home for the weekend, back to school tomorrow for one more week, then will be back online next week.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: GRAW OGR beta video...

Good vid. I was playing most of the morning. Got tired of dying at spawn.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

WOW! That looks way too hard, I hope we don't run our server's AI at that level.
      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

We will be running them as you saw it, hardcore.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

i would play i just dont have the beta

Comment

Those were great vids Magnum, thanks for sharing. What's your system specs again? I know you told me a bunch of times before but I forgot. :madsmile:

Comment

Sweet, thanks for sharing Magnum. Cant wait to play this week.

Comment

Thanks Magnum! That was great to watch! I was actually very excited by the video. I think the AI difficulty is actually pretty similar to Ghost Recon. If you moved around like that playing missions alone in GR, you'd be dying about as often as that. The AI accuracy was a bit extreme, but the GR AI had the same incredible turn-and-shoot-at-50m accuracy. Urban environments were always the most unforgiving, and this looks like it's all urban. Are there any long ranges or good soft cover?

I was impressed with how the enemy came around corners prepared. On the second play of the second map, it looked like maybe your shadow gave you away when the enemy came popped you coming around the corner. Can the AI react to shadows? And on the first map, I think the first or second play, after you take one down his friend pops up from behind a boulder and immediately sends rounds into you. That's pretty cool. It will make me sad to go back to GR, where the enemies walk backwards around an obviously deadly corner and instead of standing up and shooting over a rock they run 10 meters past it and then turn and shoot. :)
                [volun]

Comment

Excellent, I'm happy to see the devs put the grid overlay in. It actually makes the map useful in coop. I wish there was a way to turn off the ability to see enemies in the top-down view, or turn off the red diamonds. Makes it too tempting to rely on those aids.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

My specs:

Dell XPS Gen 4
                    P4-3.7 Mhz
                    2 gigs DDR2 RAM
                    Raedon 850 XT w/256 (thinking about replacing it, but was debating about waiting till the Vista supported cards come out.)
                    Soundblaster Audity

[email protected]
                    Win XP Media Edition

Everything set to high (except that without a 512 video card, the max setting in GRAW is medium texture.)

and I'm all for good, tough AI... but I don't agree with the bad guys being able to aim and fire at you in a split second when they walk around a corner and your 200 yards away, hiding in a bush or behind cover... it would take a few seconds to spot then return fire, and usually you would fire as your diving for your own cover...you wouldn't engage someone laying prone behind good cover standing or walking in a open area.

I don't think they were reacting to my shadow... just that hardcore AI seeing and shooting faster...

another time I got in an engagement, moved to the right behind some rocks where i could not see or engage the target anymore and he still managed to shoot me without a line of sight...must of been heatseeker rounds or something. lol

Looking forward to playing this with some of you when the finished product is done and released.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Wow. Those one shot AI kills are brutal. Looks cool though!
                      Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X