First Full Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Full Night

Last night we had some great games. Our server was full a great deal of the night. Had people on the server almost from the time the patch was released. Team work was not bad. We had a lot of pubbies on and they did a pretty good job. In the end it was mostly TG folks at the end of the objective.

Other then a few server crashes the server held up pretty good.

There seems to be a bug in the patch also. Many of us during the night were disconnected at map changes. Also had 4 kicks due to altered gamefiles. I think that to is a bug due to the fact that two of were TG members and we were able to re-join.

All in all great games except of a certain TK.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: First Full Night

Yea it was fun. At least we got past the initial learning stage. Towards the end, the teamwork went up a notch. Having squad leaders that decided what was going to happen definitely helped a lot.

Only two things sort of bothered me:
    1. The lack of a good feeling firefight. The enemy AI is too good. Firefights last seconds. You either win or you loose. There are a few times when the enemy is just unloading his clip into the wall you are safely behind but I didn't get enough of that "OH SHI" feeling. Usually I killed the enemy before he ever saw me. Likewise, that was usually how I died - never saw em. Which means the game comes down to who sees who first. Move carefully, spot enemies before they spot you, one clean shot, he's down, move on. Thats fine, but sometimes I want squad on squad more drawn out engagements. This can be fixed by A) Upping the amount of enemies and B) lowering their 'awareness' and accuracy a bit. I want to see GROUPS of 8 or 9 roaming enemies where I physically cannot kill one of them without being drawn into a firefight with the others. I think the most I saw was a pack of 3. Also, the amount of enemies on the map doesn't scale to the amount of players in game?? What? There were only 60 tangos on the whole map. With 12 of us that is 5 tangos you each get to kill on an entire 45 minute gaming session. We ridiculously out numbered them in every engagement and the only reason we lost (when we did) was due to their superior reflexes and awareness.

2. The maps. Only 3 maps are just not enough. At least not when the enemies seem to be in the same spots every time. I understand they can spawn in somewhat different locations, but it just isn't random enough. Once they spawn, they need to be able to wander around and just be in completely unexpected places. I didn't get that feeling at all when I was playing.

Overall it was nice being more tactical and getting slower, more rewarding gameplay. Need a password on the server though I think. The gameplay is definitely hurt when not everyone is on TS.

Comment

Good games last night. I think each squad should be in their own TS channel and if you want to communicate with the others use the text chat. Maybe it's just me, but it was kind of hard to call out the enemy to just my squad when there were 11 other people trying to talk. Also maybe a channel for dead people to switch to.

My favorite moment:
      Magnum: Viper's down ... who was he with?
      Everybody: He was with you Mag.
      Good times. :)
      |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Viper View Post
        Good games last night. I think each squad should be in their own TS channel and if you want to communicate with the others use the text chat. Maybe it's just me, but it was kind of hard to call out the enemy to just my squad when there were 11 other people trying to talk. Also maybe a channel for dead people to switch to.
        I think that's been suggested and turned down in the OGR forums before... the solution being better radio dicipline.

As for the dead people's channel, sounds like a great idea. :)
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
          I think that's been suggested and turned down in the OGR forums before... the solution being better radio dicipline.
          Correct!

We dont have a problem in OGR, one guy should be leading the whole team. Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie should be under his control and he should be handing out the orders. This will get better it will just take some time.

Comment

yep, agreed...

Just IMO, GRAW is just a little quicker and harder then OGR, or maybe it's the same were just not use to the new one yet...

Whatever it is... there needs to be one leader, ordering three teams.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I agree, but intra-squad chatter does confuse and lead to communication problem with 12 people. It's not an issue of radio discipline if someone is saying "I'm watching south, you watch north." Or "Tango spotted north, north east."

I just thought with 12 people trying to do that, that things got a little overwhelming in the channel.

Maybe squad leaders and 'commander' in a leader channel, and also a second TS account in their respective squad channels?

Comment

Sounded like some good games last night, I joined a little late though... ended up playing with a couple people on TS with a full game of pubbies. Was fun, but I'll have to get in sometime with a full game of TS TGers :)
                -

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
                  I agree, but intra-squad chatter does confuse and lead to communication problem with 12 people. It's not an issue of radio discipline if someone is saying "I'm watching south, you watch north." Or "Tango spotted north, north east."

I just thought with 12 people trying to do that, that things got a little overwhelming in the channel.

Maybe squad leaders and 'commander' in a leader channel, and also a second TS account in their respective squad channels?
                  The great part of OGR is you can very easily bind chat macros. I had keypad 0 "cc", keypad 1 "Enemy spotted", and keypad 2 "Enemy down". It would be nice if GRAW had that. I don't know of an easy way to do so.

Also, I think the leader should be assigning who watches where before sending a fireteam off.

Just a matter of time before all the procedural things fall into place I guess.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Hey all, Im mainly into BF2 but will be playing this game just as much. Looking foward to see you guys in-game soon.
                    LBC|Jester

Comment

As Evo mentioned, the multiple Teamspeak channels discussion has come up before among GR players (this thread contains the most recent discussion). I'd rather that we focus on better comm discipline and try to adhere to the Radio SOPs for now, and if we still have problems down the road, we can revisit the issue then.

Remember that the Team Leader should have ownership of the channel for voice comms. Team members are encouraged to use text chat whenever possible, especially when giving simple responses (such as "cc" for affirmative/clear/understood).

Comment

I think you'll find as everyone settles into the teamplay and the comms that radio discipline tightens up big-time and that cross-comms chatter is reduced. It may seem cumbersome, but definitely read up on all SOP (Radio) threads in the SOP forum. Clear, concise comms are one of the most important skills to develop.
                        [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour View Post
                          I think you'll find as everyone settles into the teamplay and the comms that radio discipline tightens up big-time and that cross-comms chatter is reduced. It may seem cumbersome, but definitely read up on all SOP (Radio) threads in the SOP forum. Clear, concise comms are one of the most important skills to develop.
                          amen.

Comment

the com problem would be solved if we had the simple text commands like in OGR, a simple cc or moving does wonders for the leadership and TS chatter.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...