Evaluation of the final Map Pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluation of the final Map Pack

Just wondering what you guys think of GRAW now that they are done adding content?

Re: Evaluation of the final Map Pack

It seems like they gave us the tools to make the game last. The problem is being patient and waiting for the content to be made by the community. I think only time will tell. If decent maps packs start getting released then we should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
      It seems like they gave us the tools to make the game last. The problem is being patient and waiting for the content to be made by the community. I think only time will tell. If decent maps packs start getting released then we should be good.
      Agreed.

Comment

I agree. We will have to wait and see what maps become available and see if they fit into our style. I believe it will not be long before we have some custom maps or remakes of the old GR maps hit the streets.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Maybe we should make a moding forums for people who know a lil bit can help others. We mite get some real nice ideas that are perfect for tg, cus they came from tg. Like I said I know the map editor well, but have not done anything in the new scripting.

Comment

I really hope they do what you said BHack - Have a LOT more enemies and drop their awareness/accuracy so you can have prolonged firefights and realistic flanking manuvers. Its promising though.

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
              I really hope they do what you said BHack - Have a LOT more enemies and drop their awareness/accuracy so you can have prolonged firefights and realistic flanking manuvers.
              Honestly, this isn't what GR/GRAW is about, at least not at TG. GR/GRAW at TG is about completing the objectives, preferably in a stealthy manner and with no team losses. The Ghosts should only be seen or heard when they choose to be seen or heard, so if it's possible to complete a mission without ever firing a shot, then that's the way it should be done. If and when it becomes necessary to engage, it should be on terms of the Ghosts' choosing whenever possible. Taking the time to set up shots and drop a group of tangos within the space of a second is preferred, not prolonged firefights.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                Honestly, this isn't what GR/GRAW is about, at least not at TG. GR/GRAW at TG is about completing the objectives, preferably in a stealthy manner and with no team losses. The Ghosts should only be seen or heard when they choose to be seen or heard, so if it's possible to complete a mission without ever firing a shot, then that's the way it should be done. If and when it becomes necessary to engage, it should be on terms of the Ghosts' choosing whenever possible. Taking the time to set up shots and drop a group of tangos within the space of a second is preferred, not prolonged firefights.
                I understand this and that is totally and completely immersive. As i was reading this though, the first thing that came to my head was Rainbow 6. You set your teams up to come into a room from 3 dif angle within a few seonds time and the fight is over those seconds. Thats the most satisfying thing in rainbow 6...setting up your attack and then executing it. The new Vegas is shaping up to be awesome indeed.

Back on track - Would you not find this enjoyable? That is to say having your squad giving and receiving fire while you communicate to the other squad that you need them to flank around and take them out while you have them pinned? I think that would be awesome and totally possible.

That said, i know thats not what ghost recon is about. Its about everything you said. Maybe i what i meant is we need something different from the "hey theres gonna be a couple enemies around this corner" moments. If there was a way to give the AI patrols maybe? Or randomize their spawn locations would do WONDERS for the longevity of every map.

Comment

Back on track - Would you not find this enjoyable? That is to say having your squad giving and receiving fire while you communicate to the other squad that you need them to flank around and take them out while you have them pinned? I think that would be awesome and totally possible.
                  I get my fix of that from BF2. Rawr.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Maybe i what i meant is we need something different from the "hey theres gonna be a couple enemies around this corner" moments. If there was a way to give the AI patrols maybe? Or randomize their spawn locations would do WONDERS for the longevity of every map.
                    I completely agree. It's clear that GRIN simply gave us a few missions to play, with a basic objective and some tangos thrown in for good measure. But, they also provided the tools to create new content. We're really going to need to rely on the modding community to give this game legs with new maps and missions.

On that note, Apophis is creating a GRAW Maps & Mods forum for our use. It should be ready soon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X