Boot Camps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Camps

Now that the MP3 patch has been out for a little while, we'd like to get some TG GRAW boot camps organized. These boot camps will give TG GR vets the chance to show folks new to the TG GR/GRAW style of play how we play the game. I'm hoping some of our GR/GRAW admins will be able to provide some leadership during these boot camps, but I'd also like to have participation from other TG GR vets. If you fall into this group and would like to help out, please send me a PM.

The plan right now is to have a few weeks' worth of boot camps, with sessions running on Monday nights and Thursday nights. We'll play through the three existing GRAW OGR coop missions with TG GR vets serving as Team Leaders. We'll adhere to the SOPs and we'll follow the TG GR style of play. "New" folks will get a chance to learn in a constructive environment, and vets will get a chance to shake off the rust. We'll lock the GRAW server, and we'll expect that boot camp participants will be on Teamspeak.

If there is interest in this, please respond appropriately in this thread and let us know.

Re: Boot Camps

I'm game. Should be some good times as well as some good training.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I'd be interested in participating on a Monday night. I'm taking a night class Thursdays.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I could use a little training, my methods could use improvement :) Monday night shouldn't be a problem, nor thursday
        -

Comment

I definitely need some schooling. My nights are busy lately, but I may have a few thursdays open in the near future. :)
          Beatnik

Comment

I can do Thursday evening (between 4 PM and 6 PM US Mountain time, no dst adjustments), but not monday (on monday I have class from 6:30 PM to 8 PM, then work from 8 PM till 11 PM).

I need some more tips and advice on how to play tactically and working with TS comms protocol and whatnot.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

I just updated my system with a XFX GeForce 7950GT. It came with GRAW and I gave it a shot last night. Very impressed! I have GRAW for my 360, but as many know it's a pain to play an FPS with controllers. I gave up.

Now that I have a PC that can run GRAW, I want to join you gents for some games. I will definitely attend Boot Camps and as many events as I can.

Comment

Ok, count me in for tonight.
                |TG-7th|The_Jackal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jackkal View Post
                  Ok, count me in for tonight.
                  We're still getting this organized, so there will be no planned Boot Camp for tonight. I'm hoping to have these Camps either next week or the week after.

Comment

I think clod should lead.

:)

Comment

Nah, I can't lead; I get tongue tied too often ... and shot with my pants down... damn bird watchers... arhmm

I may not be around this coming week, I don't know when I'll be back online. Moving saturday, which means I'll be busy setting up utilities, services and furniture. So, I might miss out of the first boot camp while I'm getting settled in.

Any positions needed that I can fill, let me know though. Can someone write up an outline of what will be covered for the duration of this? Off the top of my head, I can only think up a few very vague discriptions of what I need improvement on and what I can help others with, an outline would help get things rolling (for me, atleast).
                      Last edited by Clodhopper; 09-29-2006, 01:39 AM. Reason: Spelling.
                      -

Comment

I'd love to join in the fun.

Comment

I'll be there. Monday better than Thursday, but I'll shift accordingly to help fill the server (or make space if we get over-run with new attendees).

Comment

I'm interested. (looks for his M-1, er...M-14, er....M-16, er...well...whatever)

GRAW seems even MORE demanding for slower, more cautious pacing than the original GR...especially since it is all urban environment. The AI can headshot you at distance, to boot!! Peekaboo FTW!!
                            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Yeah, the AI is hard, but not realistically so. More like, "I'm the computer and can see through textures that can be shot through so yeah!" kind of hard.

The AI is challenging, but I wanted a more human-like AI.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X