We need this server patroled or pw locked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need this server patroled or pw locked

This is the last straw, I was playing here today when this kid named wagasonic1975 comes in, and the first thing he does in game is tk anyone he can see. Then he proceeds to foul up the chat with foul, disgusting language and is constantly abusive. Repeated attempts to vote kick fail b/c most people lack the comprehension to type "/vote yes" in the 5 seconds after the vote kick comes up.

So, we do the only thing we can do, we tk the bastige as soon as we put crosshairs on him. but we still lose about 3 or 4 people IMMEDIATELY to this guy every game, and those people have to sit out the entire round because of this cheap tk-er. YES I have a screen shot when this all came to a total head and caused a charlie-foxtrot the size of manhattan.

I also have witnesses: brooklyn at the later stages, and in the early stages: pompa.

Several people asked where the admins were, or why this server is not password locked, so now I'm officially asking it. WE NEED SERVER PATROLS or we need this server to be pw locked. I know I'm new here, but this kind of behavior by these kinds of people is intolerable and is really ruining the experience for the actual people who want to come in and play GRAW our way, or just come in and enjoy themselves in a clean, abuse-free server.

if I could post the url to the uploaded screenshot, I would. If you want proof, I have it, and am willing to provide it.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Re: We need this server patroled or pw locked

Acknowledged. We do have the ability to get this thing locked up, but at the same time we don't want to turn away newcomers to TG.

I think an expansion of the admin team is in order and very possibly keeping the server locked UNLESS there is an admin present. I'll make sure this is addressed in the GRAW admin forums.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thank you :).

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

Comment

Another good way to get an admins help is to pm them. Im not sure if you did that but it would have gotten atleast me on the server in no time.

Thanks for the post Brass. And i apologize for such a crappy game
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
          I think an expansion of the admin team is in order
          FREE DONUTS and cheesecake for ALL ADMINS!
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i was online to the server in under a minute to handle things.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah, I didn't know that the admins were that available. I'll keep that in mind from now on. It's okay though. I'm an admin myself for a fairly large clan for another game and we run a tight shift on our servers and it's tough to be there when needed, so I totally understand the not being there thing. And one of the things we encourage with members and nonmembers alike is if there is a problem and there isn't an admin readilly available, then to post on the forums.

Another idea that I know from the clan I admin for, is for there to be a stickied thread that gives the admin's email addresses, and instant messenger info, so people know WHO the admins are and how to contact them. I see this even more valuable here b/c we have different admins for different games so it helps to know who admins for which games, w/o having to look at their individual posts. I'm just throwing an idea out here that I know works elsewhere :).

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showgroups.php

and if you send a pm to an admin, i for one get an email for it. that link shows all admins
                -Vulcan

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the link :).

Comment

Yep, that guy was a real prick.
                    Even more annoying than the guy idling, whom we also couldn't get voted out.

And yes, Trooper was really fast to respond to the pm.
                    Last edited by Pompa; 09-23-2006, 01:18 PM. Reason: forgot to write "annoying"
                    Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

Another thing players need to realize is that an admin must be in game in order to due his job. Getting hold of us in T/S or PM is the easiest way. If we are doing RL stuff or playing another game we have to load the game in order to take care of things. If we do load the game it would not do the team justice if we all we did was stand there waiting for something to happen.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

This is why I've avoided playing on our open server unless I know a admin is in game...

But just wondering... most of the time the server is usually full, what happens when a admin tries to join to police a matter, and theres no slot available, do you guys have the ability to kick open a slot before connecting... some type of admin tool?

I guess I'm lucky... AA's not popular, theres always a slot open... but we also have more then 12 able to join unless it's a new co-op mission.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                          This is the last straw, I was playing here today when this kid named wagasonic1975 comes in, and the first thing he does in game is tk anyone he can see. Then he proceeds to foul up the chat with foul, disgusting language and is constantly abusive. Repeated attempts to vote kick fail b/c most people lack the comprehension to type "/vote yes" in the 5 seconds after the vote kick comes up.

So, we do the only thing we can do, we tk the bastige as soon as we put crosshairs on him. but we still lose about 3 or 4 people IMMEDIATELY to this guy every game, and those people have to sit out the entire round because of this cheap tk-er. YES I have a screen shot when this all came to a total head and caused a charlie-foxtrot the size of manhattan.

I also have witnesses: brooklyn at the later stages, and in the early stages: pompa.

Several people asked where the admins were, or why this server is not password locked, so now I'm officially asking it. WE NEED SERVER PATROLS or we need this server to be pw locked. I know I'm new here, but this kind of behavior by these kinds of people is intolerable and is really ruining the experience for the actual people who want to come in and play GRAW our way, or just come in and enjoy themselves in a clean, abuse-free server.

if I could post the url to the uploaded screenshot, I would. If you want proof, I have it, and am willing to provide it.
                          Brass,

Send me the images. [email protected]. I'm going to post them up in the admin forums as part of our Rogues Gallery. That way, we can keep an eye out for him if he shows up on another server.

Thanks
                          Mateo

Comment

In addition to the link Trooper provided, there is a stickied thread in our GRAW Rules & Annoucements forum that lists the GR/GRAW admins.

I think it's time we set up some regular passworded nights for Tactical Gamers. Our GRAW server should be available first and foremost to our own members, and then to the public at large. I had wanted to do this after our GR/GRAW boot camps, but it seems we need to get this taken care of ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who offered input. Please be sure to vote in this poll so we can choose the best nights for passwording our GRAW server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X