Tactical Gamer GRAW Boot Camp #1 -- 10/16/2006 2130 EDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer GRAW Boot Camp #1 -- 10/16/2006 2130 EDT

We'll have our first GRAW Boot Camp on Monday, 10/16/2006, starting promptly at 2130 (9:30pm) EDT. Please be on TeamSpeak in the Advanced Warfighter channel, and also on our GRAW server, beforehand so we can begin on time. We did not have more than twelve members express interest in this, so there should not be a problem getting everyone on the server. If MORE than 12 people show up, preference will go to those who expressed interest in this thread, and of course to Supporting Members.

leejo will be hosting this first Boot Camp, and he has some great material in mind. Thank you, leejo, for offering your expertise to the community.

Re: Tactical Gamer GRAW Boot Camp #1 -- 10/16/2006 2130 EDT

I will be there but only for a bit I have at 11pm that night.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I will give it my all to be there.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I'm there!

Comment

Wish I could be there, but I can't. I have class at that time (take EDT and subtract 3 hrs. to get MST).

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

I replied "yes" in the other boot camp thread...just wanna cover all the bases!!!:)
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
              I replied "yes" in the other boot camp thread...just wanna cover all the bases!!!:)
              beep, you could run this. You already know everything I'm going to say and do :D

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                beep, you could run this. You already know everything I'm going to say and do :D
                I am so rusty...I don't even know WHAT I'm doing. I need the practice!! I have to relearn my N52 keys!! (Lessee now...which key changes stances...and swaps from sword and shield to two-hander!!!:))
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I soooo rely on my N52 :). Excellent tool for FPS games, I say. I have some keys remapped to where I can more naturally reach them and use them. Excellent tool.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

if theres a opening still I'll be there... but if it's full I'll leave and play something else.

Teach me drill sergeant Leejo!
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

lol. A lot of the stuff is going to be old hat for lots of folks, especially prior service and active duty people with rl training ( you know who you are!), but it's also, hopefully, a good team-building exercise. I'd love for us to take our show on the road and represent for TG at some point.

I believe there's plenty of room for anyone who wants to show. If we get over-crowded we'll adjust.

Thanks for the interest!

Comment

Our GRAW server has been configured for this Boot Camp, and the server password has been applied. Please be on the server and on Teamspeak by 2130 EDT. There is room for 32 players to join (31 besides leejo).

Comment

just wondering... What will be covered in tonights "boot camp"? Is there a outline or additional/prep-reading type information... or is it's on the fly what works and what don't?

No matter what, I'm in waiting. ;)
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Good question! We'll cover selecting a good firing position. To prep read the SOP doc on scanning. We'll cover 2-man bounding overwatch. To prep read the SOP doc on Fire and Movement.

We'll also cover assaulting a fortified position. No prep required! This will be a loud and proud exercise to wrap things up.

I'll be on just before 2130 EDT.

Comment

I need a little more practice on the basics we covered. Atleast with moving from cover to cover, finding the 'right spot'. As for assaulting, I didn't take part with the assault squad in the last part mainly because I'm still pretty slow when it comes to moving into a room, figuring out whats what and reacting to it.

but thats what I think of me... the rest of you guys looked like you've done this time and time again, so all the better for me to soak it up as we play any other day.

Thanks to everyone that got this set up, leejo for learnin' me and the rest of the boys that popped on for some learnin' too!
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X