Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Tactical Gamer Intersquad TvT GRAW Tournament

First Tactical Gamer Intersquad TvT GRAW Tournament

Tactical Gamer is pleased to announce our first intersquad Team vs. Team tournament for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. This tournament is open to any interested squad, whether it be an internal TG squad or a squad from another community.

The details:
    • Format
      5 vs. 5 (Team vs. Team using the Hamburger Hill gametype), NO RESPAWNS (once you die, you're out for the round)

The TacticalGamer.com GRAW server (TacticalGamer.com - SRV1 in the browser)

Teams will also be expected to join the Tactical Gamer Teamspeak server for voice comms. Our Teamspeak server IP and other pertinent server information will be provided to participating teams.

• Time
      Two 30-minute rounds

• Maps
      AW02, AW03, AW04, AW05, AW06, AW07

The map for each match will be chosen randomly by the tournament administrators. Teams will know before each match on which map they'll be competing.

For each match, one team will be designated as the Home team. The Home team will choose the faction (US or Mex) it wishes to play first.

• Scoring
      Each team will earn a score for its time spent in "the zone." However, in order for its score to be counted, each team must score AT LEAST ten points by way of time spent in "the zone."

In addition to this, each team can earn a bonus of ten points per player alive at the end of a round. Further, a team can earn a team bonus of ten points if ALL of its players remain alive at the end of a round, for a maximum possible bonus of 60 points per round.

The team with the most points at the end of the tournament wins first place.

• Logistics
      There will be a five-minute break between rounds. As proof of scores, each team will need to provide a screenshot from each of the post-round summary screens.

In the event of a tie, teams will play an additional round(s) on a tiebreaker map chosen by the tournament administrators.

• Scheduling
      Team matchups will be published at the beginning of tournament play. It will be the responsiblity of the teams to arrange times for each match, and to capture a screenshot of the scores for each round of play. Screenshots must be provided to the tournament administrators.

• Rosters
      Each team must provide its roster before the beginning of tournament play. A team's roster may contain more than five players, but it is not necessary for each person on a team's published roster to play in the tournament.

• Registration
      October 18th - October 31st

To register, send a Private Message to Strag on the TacticalGamer.com forums. Include your squad's name and roster. Multiple squads from one community are welcome to sign up.

All tournament related announcements, postings, and communications will take place on the TacticalGamer.com forums.

All public information will be available in our Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - General Discussion forum. All private communication should take place via Private Messages on the TacticalGamer.com forums.

• Tournament Play
      November 4th - December 4th

• Prizes
      Pride and bragging rights!

Gather your forces and sign up, if you dare! This is an opportunity for your squad(s) to get involved in some mature Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter competition with like-minded players. Come show your stuff!
    Last edited by Strag; 10-21-2006, 10:11 PM.

Re: First Tactical Gamer Intersquad TvT GRAW Tournament

Just a note -- this tournament certainly is not limited to the established in-house squads within TG. Folks unaffiliated with an in-house squad are encouraged to form "ad-hoc" squads for this tournament. Also, folks from different in-house squads are welcome to come together and form squads for this tournament, if desired.

Of course, it would be great to see some spirited rivalry between the in-house squads in this tournament!

Comment

Sweeeeet.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Thanks for this event and using my maps for it. I updated the link you are using that goes to my fanpage. The maps and links to get the maps all work better now. They are all available and link to ghostrecon.net for a clean download with no need for login. Sounds like fun and I will see if SCE wants to get involved.
        shadowcompanyelite.com

We have a meeting this weekend so I hope to remember to bring it up. I don't like HH much, but like events. And again - if you feel a zone is too big, too smal, needs to be moved, etc, let me know. Takes seconds to make the change and if it seems logical to do for tourneys or events I can make a special change.

I don't like changing maps especially when people already have good working versions, but if sites play them regularly and agree to a change, I don't mind. Reach me at PGL, SCE, or at [email protected] also MSN IM at [email protected]

Comment

Thank you, Tom_Anger, for making these maps! They're great maps, and they seem just fine as they are for HH play.

I know you mentioned the idea of making a large version of AW05-AW07 (utilizing the entire map); this would be great. Something with an "interesting" area in the middle of the map for "the zone" would be very cool, and could be used as an additional map for the tournament. :)

Also, it'd be fantastic if SCE would sign up a squad(s) for this tournament. We'd be happy to have you.

Comment

I am very interested in knowing if any of the Delta Force maps (AW05-AW07) cause crashing problems. I recall being on your server and had no problems, but due to the memory size of the map and the fact that each map is actually 3 maps (with areas blocked so that you can't get to the other locations), it is using alot of memory so if there are issues I will gladly remove those areas that are unaccessable to give them better qulaity for gameplay.

Again - I have not experienced any issues and we worked on your server with no issues, but I am always skeptical with the existing engine and concerned if any others have problems. I also go on the saying - If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

On another note - I dislike OGR coop, but I am writing script to make each map a coop campagin which is starting to look good. I will let you know when it is done if you want to enjoy the teamwork involved with it. I am taking time because I want the enemy to move realistically and try to give the feeling as if you are in "The Mog" fighting to get to the recon point. All in time and I hope to get something done by December for these maps.

Comment

1. Is this a No-Respawns tournament? How many lives will each player have?

2. Is this a North-American-only Tournament? What about teams from Europe, can they join?

Comment

We do zero respawns here. And TG has members from around the globe, so I'm sure whole teams are just as welcome. Thanks for your interest. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
                  We do zero respawns here. And TG has members from around the globe, so I'm sure whole teams are just as welcome. Thanks for your interest. :)
                  Ok, that sounds really interesting :)

Comment

Apologies for the confusion, Hebos. I've updated the tournament announcement to indicate zero respawns.

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day to register for this tournament, so get your teams organized! We already have some squads external to TG registered, so let's try to get a few more TG squads signed up.

Squads that don't have five interested players should go ahead and register. We'll devise a way to help these squads fill out their numbers, either by combining teams and/or by using a system of loans/subsititions.

Comment

Registration is closed.

Thanks to the teams that have registered! I'll be sending a PM to the team captains with next steps and further details.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X