GRAW's performance on my 'puter...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW's performance on my 'puter...

I run BF2142 on med settings (with some on low). I've heard GRAW needs some decent horsepower to run reasonably-well. Comparing the two games, would my system run GRAW?

Re: GRAW's performance on my 'puter...

I have a P4 2.8 with 1 gig of ram and ran it on a ATI9600 with all the settings on meduim, dint lag or get choppy. I think GRAW runs better then most games. If you have can run any BF game you should be fine running GRAW
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I thought GRAW ran like utter crap. It's not nearly as visually pleasing as 2142 and has lower framerates. With my old PC, I ran BF2 with med/low settings and it was alright. Running GRAW, it was close to unplayable. My new PC can run 2142 at mostly 60FPS but GRAW is around 30 with both games on high settings.

You could probably run the game but don't expect the same framerates as in 2142. You'll probably get half the framerate compared to 2142.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

My computer runs it fine, though it's slow on loading all throughout. That, and the first few seconds of it loading from a save point when you first load a saved game for that time running the game, the first half minute is choppy and slow as the GPU gears up.

I have a 2.2 GHz Athalon64 3500+, 1 GB dual channel RAM, ATI x800xl, and running winXP x64, and my 2 SATA drives linked in RAID0 are getting full.

With that said, one the initial hiccups are past for that program load, it runs just fine and dandy on my machine. And I have settings set relatively high.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
          I run BF2142 on med settings (with some on low). I've heard GRAW needs some decent horsepower to run reasonably-well. Comparing the two games, would my system run GRAW?
          I can't run bf2142 hardly, even on low detail, yet I can run GRAW at full res and detail (except textures, I need a 512mb VC for that) with nay a hiccup

I'm running this;
          p4 2.4GHz
          1gb RAM
          256 ATI x800XL

I'm telling you, full detail (aside from textures, they are maxed out at Medium detail) and the game runs at a steady frame rate, around 25-27 FPS
          -

Comment

I bought and installed it: it runs just fine. See y'all in server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X