New Installation... but GRAW won't start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Installation... but GRAW won't start

I finally got around to installing GRAW on the new rig. This is a Direct2Drive purchase that I had running on my old machine. It worked fine then.

I ran through the installation ok. There didn't appear to be any errors. However, when I try to launch the game nothing happens. I opened up task manager to watch the processes and I think I briefly see the GRAW.exe process but it disappears just as fast.

I tried installing the patches, but that doesn't seem to help.

Ideas?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: New Installation... but GRAW won't start

Did you give it a reboot? I had the same problem and rebooting my computer did the trick. I also heard that a reinstall will also fix the problem.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

try, right click properties on the game .exe. Set the game to windows 2000 compatibility mode and see if that works.

Comment

I believe that there are different versions of the patches for the different distribution systems - one patch for D2D and another for brick & mortar retail.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I have tried rebooting. I also tried running the game before any patches.

I'm wondering if D2D requires an installation on the same machine. Would me rebuilding my machine have any affect on the D2D version of GRAW?
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

no, the patches are all the same for box or download, it will ask you when you install the patch if you have the download version or box, hope you picked the right one.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Not sure if this applies - maybe your firewall is blocking outgoing internet access for graw.exe?
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X