D'oh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'oh!

I played part of a map with Bronco and Mediator (spelling?) and I was having the damnedest time trying to communicate.

Me without my microphone, I was forced to use chat to communicate, but it would seem the game (or that particular instance) has a chat lag. It took the boys roughly 2 minutes to recieve my comms.

So if you boys were wondering what I was doing, or where I went, I hope that explains it :icon_razz

Now to vent my frustrations... :icon15:

PS
    You boys had some tight communication, just wish I could have joined!
    -

Re: D'oh!

Glad to have you anytime.

Good to know about the chat lag as well.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Clod you ole goat, welcome back. I am sure we can work around the Canadian can and string comms.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I was in the same boat. Thanks for putting up with my text coms Bronco and Mediator. Good times.
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Is teamspeak not viable for you all?

Comment

That is the biggest problem with GRAW..TS is a MUST..but it should be no more difficult than the in-game VoIP from other games..I have it running on XP Pro, Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit with no issues right now.

Comment

I could not get TS to work. I have tried a few things and hopefully I have it sorted out.
              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

C'mon man..get that TS goin'..! :)

Comment

Originally posted by HAZMAT View Post
                  Is teamspeak not viable for you all?
                  Not presently, no. Like I said, I'm without my headset.

Having just moved, I'm missing a few things, my headset is one of them. This with December coming, and the recent influx of must-own games, a microphone for my PC just isn't on my list of things to get, especially since this would be the only reason I'd need it for.

I've checked the stores out here, and I've not found a single headset for less than $30.

That said, I WAS on teamspeak and am able to hear, just unable to speak. I'm a very swift typer, so typing in chat would have been no problem for now...
                  -

Comment

If you can manage, there is a fantastic and cheap sennheisser headset for $42 on Amazon.. the 151 is a great product, and I cannot say enough about it..

I also own the $900 Sennheissers (pro studio type of equipment, and no, I did not have to buy them myself thank goodness!) and these do not lag as far behind them as you would think in terms of sound quality..

Comment

Also, alt + tabbing out of GRAW2 is a VERY BAD THING..especially while hosting a server..

so do not plan on being able to do that to communicate in TS..

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                        If you can manage, there is a fantastic and cheap sennheisser headset for $42 on Amazon.. the 151 is a great product, and I cannot say enough about it..

I also own the $900 Sennheissers (pro studio type of equipment, and no, I did not have to buy them myself thank goodness!) and these do not lag as far behind them as you would think in terms of sound quality..
                        I really can't man... I want to be able to communicate with a microphone, but currently, it just won't be possible unless I manage to find my old headset. Even the cheapest headsets are out of my current price-range.

PS
                        I could never ask people to alt-tab for me... funny enough, I don't think I could ask them at all! LOL!
                        -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X