Here we go again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again...

Yes folks, here we go again... making something so simple, so difficult...

I saw that we had a server again, so I re-installed the game...

1.) Password for server... in one thread in the general forums sticky you say its the mans name... then in the announcement thread you say its something we strive to be... it seems it would be the mans name...

2) Mission maps... So I see were using a mission pack, so I download and extract, then have to individual extract each mission... why isn't there one download with all the missions on our server for extraction then copy/paste into the level folder?

Then I have the one and only download listed, the sticky in the announcements is just a place holder... nothing listed... but then I see about 20 damn sticky's of different maps... I have the one download that is supposedly mandatory, but sure enough... I join the server and the server has a map I'm not using... surprise...

Come on guys, why do you game admins do this each and every time... please for god sake, one thread, one sticky with one download for all the maps on the server, with the correct password... KISS!
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Here we go again...

As I'm about to load up the map pack etc have Magnum50's comments been adressed.
    ie is there one thread for all the necessary info that I can visit just like the QM's stores for a one stop shop???
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
      Yes folks, here we go again... making something so simple, so difficult...

I saw that we had a server again, so I re-installed the game...

1.) Password for server... in one thread in the general forums sticky you say its the mans name... then in the announcement thread you say its something we strive to be... it seems it would be the mans name...

2) Mission maps... So I see were using a mission pack, so I download and extract, then have to individual extract each mission... why isn't there one download with all the missions on our server for extraction then copy/paste into the level folder?

Then I have the one and only download listed, the sticky in the announcements is just a place holder... nothing listed... but then I see about 20 damn sticky's of different maps... I have the one download that is supposedly mandatory, but sure enough... I join the server and the server has a map I'm not using... surprise...

Come on guys, why do you game admins do this each and every time... please for god sake, one thread, one sticky with one download for all the maps on the server, with the correct password... KISS!
      It is simple.

Let me see if I can help you out a bit. We are running first off GRAW 2. If you read this you will get the maps you need. Nothing was said about downloading the other maps from the GRAW 1 game on the other page.
      As for the password again this is GRAW 2 not GRAW 1 so the passwords are different. Just need to read. For you I changed the other one so as not to confuse you.

Next time I will place all the maps in one big file so that they can take awhile to download. Maps were found and as they were put up I uploaded them for the masses so they could get them.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Also just to let you know, we have been in a learning curve getting this set up as we do not have the original person available. Alot of the setting are different with GRAW 2 then the other versions. Give us a little breathing room.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Yes I was ok until I read Magnums post and as nobody had commented on it that made me wonder if I had multiple posts to visit.

Yes I've only set-up for GRAW2 I didn't know Magnum was talking about GRAW1 because of the date on his post I took it to be ref GRAW2......... omg nothing but confusion. LOL

I'll get on with the downloads when I get home in about 65 mins from now.

Thanks Bubba
        EDIT>>> Just to confirm Bubba your link shows a map pack in your first post that's all I need to d/l .... yes???
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

No sir, read through the thread.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

This is ridiculous.
            I'm having to read through all the pages to find out how many map packs I need to dl.
            First I dl the map pack in the opening post then I see a 2nd pack so I dl that but then on the 2nd page I read another "FULL" map pack which includes the 3 single maps in the same post??

Seems as if I have dl 2 map packs I didn't need to.
            Most other site I visit just keep updating their map packs so you just need to grab the last one.

Best I come on ts to get this sorted.
            Should have done that first as it only took 20secs to get the right info >>> IT IS THE LAST PACK ON THERE that's all I need. lol
            Last edited by Barnaby; 11-27-2008, 03:48 PM.
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...